Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of fortune mechanical puzzleboard?  (Read 19585 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Wheel of fortune mechanical puzzleboard?
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »
Did anyone actually face a puzzle for One Million Damn Dollars? (For $200K, for that matter?)
For $200K, absolutely.  One $200K wedge was added to the prize wheel every day until someone won it.  ISTR seeing a YouTube video recently where someone played for $200K with 8 $200K wedges on the wheel.  For the million, I want to say no.

mystery7

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2012, 02:58:07 PM »
]I think it's the Aussie name for the Mirage.
Pretty sure the Colt's modern-day US equivalent (or as close as it gets) is the Lancer.

BrandonFG

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2012, 03:57:17 PM »
That sounds about right. In the US, the Colt was a Dodge product, with the Mitsubishi Mirage being its "sister" car (virtually the same exact body design but with a different badge, like the Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am). I think the Lancer replaced the Mirage.

Do car companies even do "sister" cars anymore?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Brian44

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »

Sure! These are but just a few examples:

Chevy Malibu/Buick Regal

Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger

Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata

Ford Fusion/Lincoln MKZ (My current vehicle, the Mercury Milan, was also on the same platform, but, like the entire Mercury brand, went the way of the dodo bird after the 2011 model year. Damn shame, too, because I really like the looks and performance of my Milan, but Mercurys weren't selling too well in their twilight years.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:43:09 PM by Brian44 »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2012, 07:16:15 PM »

Sure! These are but just a few examples:

Chevy Malibu/Buick Regal

Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger

Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata

Ford Fusion/Lincoln MKZ

But these are all from the same manufacturer or family of manufacturers. It isn't like the arrangement Chrysler and Mitsubishi had in the US in the 80s.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Brian44

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2012, 07:37:16 PM »

But these are all from the same manufacturer or family of manufacturers. It isn't like the arrangement Chrysler and Mitsubishi had in the US in the 80s.

True. A much more recent example of this would have been the Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe, which were sister cars through the demise of the Pontiac brand in 2010.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:38:09 PM by Brian44 »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2012, 02:44:36 PM »
The Geo/Chevy Prizm is a rebadging of my beloved Toyota Corolla.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 06:09:08 PM »
You see, that's the one thing that I don't understand...why was GM selling rebadged Toyotas, of the same kind that were already being sold at Toyota dealers in the United States? What was the whole point of the NUMMI arrangement?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:09:32 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
What was the whole point of the NUMMI arrangement?
I always thought it had something to do with delicious snacks.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SamJ93

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2012, 07:47:34 AM »
You see, that's the one thing that I don't understand...why was GM selling rebadged Toyotas, of the same kind that were already being sold at Toyota dealers in the United States? What was the whole point of the NUMMI arrangement?

Educated speculation...it 1) gave GM an outlet for selling smaller cars without having to manufacture them themselves (SUVs and pickups being more profitable at the time), and 2) allowed people who couldn't afford said trucks, but were averse to buying foreign, to drive an "American" car.

ObGameShow: when TPiR had their "American cars only" policy from 1991-2008, it looked pretty hypocritical to claim it was a show of patriotism, yet offer rebadged Toyotas and Isuzus (to say nothing of all the Japanese-made TVs, motorcycles, etc they continued to offer).
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.