Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows with "dark" openings  (Read 4825 times)

BrandonFG

Shows with "dark" openings
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 08:02:02 PM »
If we're talking opening and closing with the lights dimmed, there's also both of Geoff's "Treasure Hunt" runs.

The early months of Perry's $otC did as well, with the camera doing a slow zoom out during the credits.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ActualRetailMike

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 11:17:35 PM »
Not sure what season of (Trebek) J! it was when they dimmed the stage lights while the contestants wrote their Final J! questions, to the think music.  To us it may have appeared as if they were writing in the dark (unless there was some soft key lighting on the podiums), but in reality, there was plenty of light available.

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 11:20:05 PM »
Not sure what season of (Trebek) J! it was when they dimmed the stage lights while the contestants wrote their Final J! questions, to the think music.  To us it may have appeared as if they were writing in the dark (unless there was some soft key lighting on the podiums), but in reality, there was plenty of light available.
IIRC it was when they went switched to the "checkerboard" set, so season 8?

ETA: Wait...did Super Jeopardy! dim the lights for FJ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:20:43 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 12:27:23 AM »
I'd love to answer the BFG, but the clip of the Finale cuts out the thinking time.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 12:31:12 AM »
ETA: Wait...did Super Jeopardy! dim the lights for FJ?

That's where it started. It didn't officially become part of the game until the following season, when they went to the new set.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »
I remember seeing a season 7 episode from the S7 premiere week, and the lights stayed on during FJ. HYHYBT used to have that episode on his YT account, but it was terminated.

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 12:54:56 AM »
I remember seeing a season 7 episode from the S7 premiere week, and the lights stayed on during FJ. HYHYBT used to have that episode on his YT account, but it was terminated.
The new set was season 8 (1991-92).