Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $25k/$100k Pyramid trilon light-up sequence different?  (Read 7709 times)

daveromanjr

$25k/$100k Pyramid trilon light-up sequence different?
« on: May 05, 2012, 09:10:52 PM »
I tried looking and couldn't find the information here or online but for some reason its bothering me.  I know the 80's run of Pyramid usually had the same light-up sequence with the trilons where its Bottom lights on, plus middle lights on, plus top lights on.  I've found mention that on the Clark $25k Pyramid that for a couple weeks they changed it to Bottom, then middle (bottom off), then top (middle off).  I thought, though, that the Davidson Pyramid run did this at one point too... I can't find any proof of this but I figured somebody here may know.  I tried finding clips on YouTube but didn't see anything.

Thanks!

WhammyPower

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 12:51:59 AM »
Found one example pretty quickly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkrZHSfTt7g
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:52:05 AM by WhammyPower »

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 04:28:50 AM »
^That would be the December 6, 1991 finale.

I've never heard of the pattern being used with Clark, but on the Davidson version it changed on September 16, 1991 and remained through the finale. Always struck me as a weird change for the sake of change.

* Open of September 9 season premiere:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTN1oGD5h64

* September 12

* September 16:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRvQLhfbuM

* November 15
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

daveromanjr

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 06:41:48 AM »
Oh gosh, sure enough! I went through a lot of Davidson Pyramids on youtube and pulled out my tapes but couldnt find any examples. Then when i saw the thread that mentioned it was Clark's version that had it with no mention of Davidson's I thought I may have picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue (sorry, i just watched Airplane!).

I wonder why they'd mess with the light-up sequence.

mystery7

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »
Also note the changes in the chasers: the pattern is different, and the lights on the side pieces are chasing down rather than up.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »
I could swear up and down that at one point in '82, the lights did flash that way. I remember Dick actually commenting on it when it changed to the normal way.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 05:57:16 PM »
I could swear up and down that at one point in '82, the lights did flash that way. I remember Dick actually commenting on it when it changed to the normal way.
You're not alone. I definitely remember seeing it sometime during the early months. I really want to say Nancy Dussault was one of the guests.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Phil V

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 03:20:13 AM »
From the week with Abby Dalton and Peter Bonerz.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmfby7szTok[/media]

It also happened during at least one week of Clark $100K, which, I guess, would mean it happened again on $25K.
Along with the trilon lights, the chaser light sequence changed as well.  It normally was two on and two off, but the other sequence was three on and one off.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:28:03 AM by phvHounds2010 »
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 06:50:17 AM »
From the week with Abby Dalton and Peter Bonerz.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmfby7szTok[/media]

It also happened during at least one week of Clark $100K, which, I guess, would mean it happened again on $25K.
Along with the trilon lights, the chaser light sequence changed as well.  It normally was two on and two off, but the other sequence was three on and one off.
How the heck did 'a lot of numbers' get through there?  I thought propositional phrases were an instant buzz.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Phil V

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 11:24:04 AM »
How the heck did 'a lot of numbers' get through there?  I thought propositional phrases were an instant buzz.
"Of" was the one they let go, because it didn't change the meaning of what you were trying to say.
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 11:40:46 AM »
"Of" was the one they let go, because it didn't change the meaning of what you were trying to say.
I never saw them explain it quite that way, but it's true that 'of' would often get a pass, especially for single-concept things like "Statue of Liberty" or "barrel of monkeys"

Meanwhile, I have to say that I'm delighted there's a place people can go to discuss, with serious earnestness, the specific pattern of flashing lights on a game show.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
@lambertman

daveromanjr

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 12:52:54 PM »
Meanwhile, I have to say that I'm delighted there's a place people can go to discuss, with serious earnestness, the specific pattern of flashing lights on a game show.
So am I!  I know its a very specific question but had hoped that people wouldn't say "ugh, REALLY?" when they saw my question.  Thanks, everybody!!

Fedya

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »
I have to say that I'm delighted there's a place people can go to discuss, with serious earnestness,

As opposed to frivolous earnestness?  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Phil V

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »

No offense, but...