Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Der Winkster inducted ...  (Read 1526 times)

geno57

Der Winkster inducted ...
« on: May 07, 2012, 01:17:45 AM »
A bunch of my former WSM Radio cohorts attended this party last night.  Here's an article from the Jackson TN newspaper, highlighting somebody who's something of a fave around here:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120504/NEWS01/305040012/Wink-Martindale-chosen-radio-hall-fame?odyssey=nav|head

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »
On television, Martindale is known for shows such as “Mars Patrol” and “Teenage Dance Party,” and he has hosted 15 network game shows, including the recent “Instant Recall” on the Game Show Network.
Wow, really?  I mean, I know the story wasn't about his television career, but it seems like there might have been better ways of summarizing it than naming quite possibly his three least significant credits.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:30:10 AM »
On television, Martindale is known for shows such as “Mars Patrol” and “Teenage Dance Party,” and he has hosted 15 network game shows, including the recent “Instant Recall” on the Game Show Network.
Wow, really?  I mean, I know the story wasn't about his television career, but it seems like there might have been better ways of summarizing it than naming quite possibly his three least significant credits.
The primacy/recency effect?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 01:29:34 PM »
The primacy/recency effect?
No, that's just piss-poor research, full stop. It takes only the slightest modicum of effort to find Gambit and Tic Tac Dough, and moreover realize that if you want your readers to say "oh, THAT guy!" (which is precisely the intent of such a passage) that those are the credits you mention.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:31:54 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe