Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dick Clark Tribute  (Read 11566 times)

catnap1972

Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 03:58:56 PM »
Add two episodes of Pyramid to the tribute with Dick playing the game. This will air Saturday from 1:00pm-2:00pm.
What, they couldn't have bothered airing all three episodes of the Dick Clark Challenge? (I'll facepalm if they omitted the Betty White episode.)

And what Matt O. said -- Cullen $25,000 would've been a welcome sight.

Even if GSN had a 'lapse in judgement' (from their perspective) and opened the wallet would Viacom even have been able to find those two episodes on that short notice? (assuming they even have a clue where the series is stored in the first place)

BrandonFG

Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 04:04:28 PM »
When they aired the Woolery "Wheel" ep. during Merv's tribute, was that from someone on the trading circuit? Don't know why I'm leaning towards that idea, but it's definitely plausible I suppose.

As for the tribute, there's no need to go through all that trouble when you have eps. available where he played the game. Despite her revival of popularity, a lack of Betty White is not a big deal, because quite frankly the tribute's not about her. There's no reason why they can't dig up the 10/20K shows though. They could honestly do a tribute for a few hours, with a couple of eps. from those and the 25/100K versions.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 04:20:25 PM »
When they aired the Woolery "Wheel" ep. during Merv's tribute, was that from someone on the trading circuit? Don't know why I'm leaning towards that idea, but it's definitely plausible I suppose.
I'm pretty sure it, and the other two daytime episodes GSN aired, all came from Paley Center. A 2004 Woolery interview (this one, in fact) showed clips of the March 1978 show also held by Paley Center...and it had a GSN logo.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure it, and the other two daytime episodes GSN aired, all came from Paley Center. A 2004 Woolery interview (this one, in fact) showed clips of the March 1978 show also held by Paley Center...and it had a GSN logo.
And?
Travis L. Eberle

snowpeck

Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 06:28:53 PM »
That 1976 show isn't in the Paley Center holdings.  It is, however, in the Library of Congress holdings (meaning that was the episode Griffin Enterprises submitted for copyright purposes), and probably in Sony's vault somewhere.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Jay Temple

Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »
As for the tribute, there's no need to go through all that trouble when you have eps. available where he played the game. Despite her revival of popularity, a lack of Betty White is not a big deal, because quite frankly the tribute's not about her.
True, but it was his strongest showing out of the three.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »
True, but it was his strongest showing out of the three.
As usual, the average viewer not only doesn't know, they don't care.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »
That 1976 show isn't in the Paley Center holdings. It is, however, in the Library of Congress holdings (meaning that was the episode Griffin Enterprises submitted for copyright purposes), and probably in Sony's vault somewhere.
My sources: Paley Center, GSCentral.net. This is the only '76 episode which Paley Center doesn't give names for (May 20 uses Elliot/Kathi/Lee, the Dream Machine show uses Richard/Patty/Rick).

As such, I'm pretty sure the June 7, 1976 show wasn't in the trading circuit prior to GSN's airing, but it was somewhere that Brad Francini could see it (his site also has photos of the March 15, 1978 show, which I've never heard of as being in the trading circuit).
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 12:27:10 AM »
Add two episodes of Pyramid to the tribute with Dick playing the game. This will air Saturday from 1:00pm-2:00pm.
What, they couldn't have bothered airing all three episodes of the Dick Clark Challenge? (I'll facepalm if they omitted the Betty White episode.)

The Betty White episode? Betty and Dick did the Pyramid "week" together, no?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »
Betty and Dick did the Pyramid "week" together, no?
No, he played against different people. In one case, Coolio...was available.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 03:37:01 AM »
In one case, Coolio...was available.
That joke will never get old. Seriously.
-Joe Raygor

BillCullen1

Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »
The GSN schedule indicates they're showing the Betty White and Coolio eps, in that order.

Kevin Prather

Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 01:04:51 PM »
Who participated in the third Dick Clark show? It was pre-empted in Seattle for a "special" Pyramid featuring Seattle newscasters. (Maybe something similar was done in other markets?)

BrandonFG

Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 01:21:51 PM »
I thought there were two Dick Clark/Betty White episodes, but I guess not.

ETA: Chuck Donnegan's tape listing says Karri Turner, who co-starred in JAG.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:24:38 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

Dick Clark Tribute
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 02:52:49 PM »
That 1976 show isn't in the Paley Center holdings. It is, however, in the Library of Congress holdings (meaning that was the episode Griffin Enterprises submitted for copyright purposes), and probably in Sony's vault somewhere.
My sources: Paley Center, GSCentral.net. This is the only '76 episode which Paley Center doesn't give names for (May 20 uses Elliot/Kathi/Lee, the Dream Machine show uses Richard/Patty/Rick).

As such, I'm pretty sure the June 7, 1976 show wasn't in the trading circuit prior to GSN's airing, but it was somewhere that Brad Francini could see it (his site also has photos of the March 15, 1978 show, which I've never heard of as being in the trading circuit).

Oops... my bad.  Nevertheless, I don't think the Paley Center is where GSN got their tape of the episode. Sony probably already had a copy.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)