Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: They need to bring back B&W  (Read 2292 times)

That Don Guy

They need to bring back B&W
« on: April 08, 2012, 02:15:11 PM »
As a tribute to Mike Wallace, GSN should break out the two (IIRC) episodes of It's News to Me that they have in their vault

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »
As a tribute to Mike Wallace, GSN should break out the two (IIRC) episodes of It's News to Me that they have in their vault

Not to mention the last 10 episodes of The Name's the Same with Clifton Fadiman that had Mike Wallace on the panel...

--Jamie

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:12:57 PM »
This is one of the downsides of the new lease arrangement, at least from what I understand.  Although the episodes are indeed in the vault, they'd have to pay extra to air them.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »
I haven't kept up with GSN as of late, so I'm not too sure how keen they are on tributes as they were in the past. 5 years ago, you could count on it. Now, I'm not so sure. An hour-long tribute would certainly be nice, but I just don't know if GSN does that sort of thing anymore.

/I will certainly have my eyes on 60 Minutes next Sunday for any gems to come out of that.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

That Don Guy

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 10:56:49 PM »
I haven't kept up with GSN as of late, so I'm not too sure how keen they are on tributes as they were in the past. 5 years ago, you could count on it. Now, I'm not so sure.
Five years ago, they had a regular spot on the schedule where they could do it - now, nobody would know when to watch (not that GSN usually advertised any "tribute" episodes in advance).

xavier45

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:39:33 PM »
I haven't kept up with GSN as of late, so I'm not too sure how keen they are on tributes as they were in the past. 5 years ago, you could count on it. Now, I'm not so sure. An hour-long tribute would certainly be nice, but I just don't know if GSN does that sort of thing anymore.
The last tribute they did was last month for Davy Jones' appearance on Carnie's The Newlywed Game.