Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MTV2 picks up "Hip Hop Squares"...  (Read 39480 times)

Johnissoevil

MTV2 picks up "Hip Hop Squares"...
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 01:25:31 AM »
To anyone who found my previous comment racist, that wasn't my intention at all.  Others on this board would've started a flame war over the replies I got to my post, but I'm going to take the high road and apologize to anyone who was offended.  I have deleted the questionable post.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:30:55 AM by Johnissoevil »
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 01:57:01 AM »
but I'm going to take the high road and apologize to anyone who was offended.
Except for the people you took a completely random shot at in the first clause of this sentence, and in so doing totally negated any sincerity your "apology" might have had?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:57:34 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Johnissoevil

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 02:05:41 AM »
but I'm going to take the high road and apologize to anyone who was offended.
Except for the people you took a completely random shot at in the first clause of this sentence, and in so doing totally negated any sincerity your "apology" might have had?

Not negating any sincerity at all.  I can understand why you would think my apology wasn't sincere, but I can assure you, it was, and I had no intention on offending anyone or taking a shot at anyone.  I admit, I said something I should not have said.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

DrBear

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 12:34:26 PM »
Just wondering ... if he had thrown in a "word to your mother" for the Vanilla Ice reference, would that have negated any racism?
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »
Just wondering ... if he had thrown in a "word to your mother" for the Vanilla Ice reference, would that have negated any racism?
No.  Eminem would have been offended.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

dale_grass

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »
I don't get where the accusations of racism are coming from in the first place.  I've heard people of all of colors and creeds talk like that.  It's a hip-hop thing, not a black thing.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »
Well, I got the call from the casting people today -- I'm going to be a contestant on Hip Hop Squares.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

J.R.

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »
Well, I got the call from the casting people today -- I'm going to be a contestant on Hip Hop Squares.
Congratulations and good luck!
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
Congrats dude!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 02:10:25 AM »
Bam Margera tweeted a photo that shows a portion of the celebrity grid. You don't see much, but I'm pretty intrigued by what I do see. Doesn't look bad in my opinion. They went with "club theme" over "urban theme" and I think aesthetically, that's a smart move.

Jay Temple

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 02:15:43 AM »
This won't be the first time I've watched a game show and not known any of the celebrities, but it'll be the first time that I don't even expect to know any.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

vtown7

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 08:20:22 AM »

Congrats, well done!

The show is a weekly one, correct?

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 12:54:12 PM »
Well, the description on MTV's website is fitting. Kinda nice to know they aren't trying to be something they're not. This is the first time I've heard of Hollywood Squares being described as "the ultimate game of BS".

"Remember Hollywood Squares? If not, it doesn't even matter. Hip Hop Squares takes that classic game show you may have just Googled to a whole new level, by remixing it with hip hop's heavyweights and their fans. Hosted by Peter Rosenberg, Hip Hop Squares will bring together comedy's coolest cats, ace athletes and pop-culture personalities, so keep your eyes on the squares for the likes of Nick Cannon, Bam Margera, Kat Graham, DJ Khaled, Ghostface Killah, Fat Joe, Mac Miller, and many more.

More than just a game of tic-tac-toe, Hip Hop Squares is the ultimate game of BS. MTV2 for the win!"
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2012, 01:57:43 PM »
pop-culture personalities...Bam Margera
Is this what we call famous-for-being-famous now?

/or are we rightly assigning a level of fame to people who fire bottle rockets out of their asses?
//in a related story; Burger King sounds kinda good for lunch
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
Is this what we call famous-for-being-famous now?

/or are we rightly assigning a level of fame to people who fire bottle rockets out of their asses?
//in a related story; Burger King sounds kinda good for lunch
Point taken, but why not go for one of their more famous names? Better him than one of the Jersey Shore folks. Speaking of which, here's my Easter present to you guys.

/Somewhat biased; Jackass is a guilty pleasure
//Viva La Bam was take it or leave it
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!