Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your favorite GS meltdown  (Read 11389 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Your favorite GS meltdown
« on: March 23, 2012, 07:13:59 PM »
Thought of this while replying to the Shatner birthday thread. As you may have guessed, mine is Shatner's chair throw on The $20,000 Pyramid (September 14, 1977) after inadvertently blurting out the final category on a $20,000 attempt. But I'm sure there's more.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:30:48 PM »
There's George Peppard's P+ rant, which the viewing public wasn't supposed to see. When it was happening I was waiting for Allen to say "Let's play Password!" but he didn't.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:32:27 PM by chris319 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 11:24:05 PM »
The dude on Friend or Foe who dropped about 15 f-bombs comes to immediate mind.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 11:31:05 PM »
A GROUP OF PILL-PUSHERS never gets old in my book. Same with this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Qb6WcrdPM

Another good one from Wheel just a week ago: the yellow contestant called R when it was already on the board, but quickly realized his mistake and yelled out in frustration. After that, he slumped over the railing, patted the next contestant on the back and said "Good luck, man." Pat then walked over to the guy who called the R and told him to "be an American" and "man up".
Bobby Peacock

DrBear

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 11:45:55 PM »
Three posts and no mention of Betty White throwing the "toaster?"

Son, I am disappoint.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »
Three posts and no mention of Betty White throwing the "toaster?"

Son, I am disappoint.

That really shouldn't count as a "meltdown", IMO. Now when Bert Convy did it, maybe.

Besides, the best Super Password meltdown was probably Rip Taylor's big to-do.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 11:50:38 PM »
On the old Jump the Shark site, someone alleged to seeing a woman who was so furious she got a Whammy on Press Your Luck, that she went postal and ripped the Whammy card off. They then disqualified her, leaving only two contestants remaining. If it had actually happened, I'd like to see it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:52:35 PM by gameshowlover87 »

J.R.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 11:58:56 PM »
On the old Jump the Shark site, someone alleged to seeing a woman who was so furious she got a Whammy on Press Your Luck, that she went postal and ripped the Whammy card off. They then disqualified her, leaving only two contestants remaining. If it had actually happened, I'd like to see it.
JtS is (well, was) a lot like TVTropes or Wiki. I wouldn't trust the info a random unregistered poster said.
-Joe Raygor

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 12:03:02 AM »
Went bowling tonight, I see.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jay Temple

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 01:06:33 AM »
Richard Dawson and the September incident
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

TimK2003

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 03:40:16 AM »
•  Dickie Dawson on Match Game's "School Riot" episode comes to mind right away.

•  And an honorable mention to the Jim Lange "Name That Tune" tournament episode when the person who played against our own Tammy Warner (name escapes me) went spoiled-brat-ape-shiat after beating
   her in the Golden Medley round.

daveromanjr

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 06:23:40 AM »
The MG74 boobs answer when 5 of the 6 stars walked off is one of my favorites. My favorite part is when Gene says to Fannie "speaking of... bossoms, fannie would you show us yours?"

The Testimony Incident on SP with Rip Taylor still cracks me up even after seeing it so many times. Seeing Rip shaking his toupee while yelling "THATS NOT FAIR! THAT IS NOT FAIR!" is hilarious.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:24:03 AM by daveromanjr »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 06:43:20 AM »
Dimples.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SamJ93

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 07:41:34 AM »
ISTR reading about a "Millionaire" contestant who flipped out on Meredith after blowing a question...he thought she had steered him toward that answer and started swearing at her and everything...it was obviously edited out of the broadcast, but I swear I saw a report about it from a studio audience member.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to dig it up.  Anyone else able to corroborate?
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 07:50:59 AM »
ISTR reading about a "Millionaire" contestant who flipped out on Meredith after blowing a question...he thought she had steered him toward that answer and started swearing at her and everything...it was obviously edited out of the broadcast, but I swear I saw a report about it from a studio audience member.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to dig it up.  Anyone else able to corroborate?
Merle Glickman.
Here's another account.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!