Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New GSN pilot  (Read 15572 times)

Jimmy Owen

New GSN pilot
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2012, 01:01:54 PM »
In 1980, I remember watching the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network and wondering at what time do the entertainment shows come on.  The fact was, in order to gain cable carriage, networks had to fill a niche.  Once they got on, they found the niche was too small to survive.  Gary Burbank once joked that the Paper View channel never got off the ground until they dropped the origami shows and started showing wrestling.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

weaklink75

New GSN pilot
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2012, 01:06:28 PM »
"How'd We Get 19 Children?"
Well, you see, when a man and a woman love each other very much...
...and then he loves her again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
Easier method--Octomom twice, then a natural triple...not that anybody with a lick of intelligence would let Octomom have any more kids, let alone another 8-pack.

Because the couple next door had 18 and there are no ties in Catch 21...

J.R.

New GSN pilot
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2012, 03:16:17 PM »
I remember the exact moment when I realized that original intent no longer mattered for these sorts of channels.  It was when AMC started showing some modern British sitcom, which was neither "A" nor "M" nor "C".
The trifecta of generic cable station programming:

- Star Trek: TNG
- Law and Order: SVU
- Wrestling
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:18:06 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New GSN pilot
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »
Aw! I knew I was missing something for FKN.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

New GSN pilot
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »
I remember the exact moment when I realized that original intent no longer mattered for these sorts of channels.  It was when AMC started showing some modern British sitcom, which was neither "A" nor "M" nor "C".
The trifecta of generic cable station programming:

- Law and Order: SVU
- Wrestling
-Cosby Show
-Full House

Or at least that was the case a few years ago.

/Remembers when the one overexposed show was "Saved By The Bell"
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DrBear

New GSN pilot
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 05:09:44 PM »
Or on a Duckman episode on USA:

"Wings, Wings, Wings, Wings, Wings and Wings will not be seen tonight..."
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

mmb5

New GSN pilot
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »
The Outdoor Life Network showing Arena Football.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

JakeT

New GSN pilot
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 06:16:56 PM »
Am I the only one who once loved loved LOVED BBC America back in the day but now wants to scream when old reruns of US shows clog their schedule, such as ST-TNG or THE X-FILES?  Why show old US programming on a channel that is supposed to showcase the best of BBC programming here in the states?

Plus I miss spending my Saturday evenings with the Kumars...sigh...

JakeT

WhammyPower

New GSN pilot
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 07:14:49 PM »
Am I the only one who once loved loved LOVED BBC America back in the day but now wants to scream when old reruns of US shows clog their schedule, such as ST-TNG or THE X-FILES?  Why show old US programming on a channel that is supposed to showcase the best of BBC programming here in the states?
Yeah, I'd rather see Weakest Link or Pointless over either of those, or these Top Gear marathons they're airing now.

/Too much Top Gear IS a bad thing.

JakeT

New GSN pilot
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
Yeah, I'd rather see Weakest Link or Pointless over either of those, or these Top Gear marathons they're airing now.

/Too much Top Gear IS a bad thing.

I've never quite "gotten" TOP GEAR...plus there is TONS and TONS and YEARS and YEARS of incredible BBC programming that has never seen the light of day here in the US that would surely do well.  Most days, BBC America more resembles SYFY or what used to be SCI-FI.  At this point, if it weren't for Graham Norton or the occasional Gordon Ramsay rerun, I wouldn't bother tuning it at all.

JakeT