Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password Returning in April...  (Read 33659 times)

Bryce L.

Password Returning in April...
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2012, 07:51:18 PM »
where nnn was the number of the episode aired in the the year of broadcast, DRK meant "Dark Shadows", and yy was the last two digits of that year. For example, episode 135, the episode aired Friday, December 30, 1966, had the code 135-DRK-66, whereas episode 136, which aired Monday, January 2, 1967, had the code 1-DRK-67

And before the days of the internet (I got hooked on Dark Shadows in 1985), it was virtually impossible to date a program as the copyright date was erroneously left as 1966 for much of 1967....

/Looking forward to the movie

Question, on the MPI Home Video VHS releases from 1989 to 1995, did they leave the slates intact? That would have definitively dated an episode...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:51:41 PM by Bryce L. »

That Don Guy

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »
People seem to forget that late-March/early-April appears to be the calendar point for their Fremantle deals.
I remember two years ago, when both Card Sharks returned, and right on April 1 (which was a Thursday), but what happened last year?

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »
Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

aaron sica

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 11:43:16 PM »
Question, on the MPI Home Video VHS releases from 1989 to 1995, did they leave the slates intact? That would have definitively dated an episode...

I'm not sure...I didn't see a whole lot of VHS releases;  I got hooked on the show on a PBS station in 1985 for a few years, lost interest, and then got hooked on it all over again on Sci-Fi in '92.

snowpeck

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 06:45:53 AM »

I'm not sure...I didn't see a whole lot of VHS releases;  I got hooked on the show on a PBS station in 1985 for a few years, lost interest, and then got hooked on it all over again on Sci-Fi in '92.

The "pre-Barnabas" episodes, yes (along with a handful right after his arrival), but the rest of the series, no.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

aaron sica

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 07:57:27 AM »
And can this be OBGameShow, and brought full circle at the same time? Most definitely.

To those younger viewers out there, "Dark Shadows" was cancelled in 1971. Its replacement on the ABC schedule? A revival of "Password".

That Don Guy

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 07:16:35 PM »
For some reason, the TV listings that AT&T U-Verse uses still has Card Sharks on at 3 AM and 3:30 AM on weeknights (well, technically it's Tuesday through Saturday).

I assume that GSN no longer has the rights to CS after 3/31, and U-Verse's listings provider is notorious for not updating changes, but this might affect anybody who can't record the morning airings for whatever reason.

mmb5

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2012, 09:25:22 AM »
I assume that GSN no longer has the rights to CS after 3/31, and U-Verse's listings provider is notorious for not updating changes and U-Verse is notorious for not making updates given to them by their listings provider, but this might affect anybody who can't record the morning airings for whatever reason.
FTFY
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »
I assume that GSN no longer has the rights to CS after 3/31, and U-Verse's listings provider is notorious for not updating changes and U-Verse is notorious for not making updates given to them by their listings provider, but this might affect anybody who can't record the morning airings for whatever reason.
FTFY
I'm glad TV Guide is still on the ball, but if U-Verse doesn't use the updates, how do we know?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Bryce L.

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »
FTFY
I'm glad TV Guide is still on the ball, but if U-Verse doesn't use the updates, how do we know?
Would the official GSN site always be 100% accurate? If it is, problem solved. If not, then... well, your guess is as good as mine then.

CoreyArcher

• Pick a corner
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2012, 11:37:55 PM »
Cool promo pic that DirecTV is using for the Super Password listing, with Bert Convy holding a Super Password sign. Never seen that one before.

mmb5

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2012, 08:22:03 AM »
Would the official GSN site always be 100% accurate? If it is, problem solved. If not, then... well, your guess is as good as mine then.
U-Verse doesn't use TV Guide data.  They use FYI Television.

If GSN is accurate in house, then yes, it's accurate.  I would assume the guide they post on-line is also used by whomever queues their programs.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »
U-Verse doesn't use TV Guide data.  They use FYI Television.

If GSN is accurate in house, then yes, it's accurate.  I would assume the guide they post on-line is also used by whomever queues their programs.
Oh, sorry. I thought you worked for TVG,
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

That Don Guy

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
U-Verse has gotten its act together, and the late night showings are now present

EDIT:
P+ question - I noticed that "woman" was an acceptable clue for "man", and also that Allen's description of the rules said that "the only difference" from the previous versions of the game was that passwords could now be two words (e.g. New York).  When did the "no antonyms" rule start?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:30:51 AM by That Don Guy »

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2012, 12:44:50 PM »
Just recently, The new PDFs for May have been released. And for $25K Pyramid, it says "NEW" in the episode column. I foresee four possibilities:

1) It could be episodes that have never been shown on GSN before.

2) It could be from when the show was called The "NEW" $25,000 Pyramid, from November 1982-January 1985. The first season, perhaps?

3) It could be from any of the episodes that have never appeared on GSN before with the word "NEW" in the title, from late 1983-early 1985.

4) Maybe I'm reading into this too much.