Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password Returning in April...  (Read 33639 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Password Returning in April...
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 03:21:54 PM »
I noticed that they will be showing the Tuesday episode of the Janis Paige & Michael Spound week of $25K Pyramid (0977). They didn't show that the last time they leased for it. They only showed the Monday episode (0976). Did they get a new lease perhaps?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »
Doubting it, since they go back to episode 828 the following Monday.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BillCullen1

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 11:57:54 PM »
Well if this is true, I may finally have enough reason to return to GSN regularly. One of my favorite shows once again available for viewing on my television. I'll jump for joy once Alex receives and posts the PDFs.

Here's hoping they move Card Sharks and put "What's My Line?" and "I've Got a Secret" back at the 3am hour.

/Or maybe I should wake up and stop dreaming.
//I'll just wait until December.

I think a better deal would be to get B&W and syndie episodes of WML and TTTT and show them, but given GSN's current direction, this is a pipe dream. With PP and SP back on GSN, they now have THREE versions of Password on, assuming they continue with Regis' version. Yeah I know, when you assume . . .

Jay Temple

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 12:59:59 AM »
Also, Flashback Friday will now be The $25,000 Pyramid.
Yay!  Bill Cullen!  Yay!

Wait.  I'm sorry, what?  Oh, OK.  Never mind.
Well played, especially since I didn't notice it was you at first.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Bryce L.

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »
Question to anyone here who could help:

I know that for some series referenced in the PDF, such as Password Plus and The $25,000 Pyramid, the episode number is simply a continuous running count of how many episodes have been produced since day 1, but there are some shows, like Match Game and the Feuds, where the episode number isn't exactly easy to understand at first glance (another good example, not on GSN, is the numbering scheme used by all non-Cullen American Price series). Does anyone here know how to "read" the Match Game or Family Feud episode numbers, so as to decipher when the original airdate was (or original intended airdate, as the case may be)?

BrandonFG

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:23 PM »

I know that for some series referenced in the PDF, such as Password Plus and The $25,000 Pyramid, the episode number is simply a continuous running count of how many episodes have been produced since day 1, but there are some shows, like Match Game and the Feuds, where the episode number isn't exactly easy to understand at first glance (another good example, not on GSN, is the numbering scheme used by all non-Cullen American Price series). Does anyone here know how to "read" the Match Game or Family Feud episode numbers, so as to decipher when the original airdate was (or original intended airdate, as the case may be)?
If they're showing Match Game 74 0176 is likely episode number 176. It could very well be episode 76 of the first season, but that would only be about two or three months into the run, so late-summer, early-fall of 1973.

With Dawson Feud, 80-155 appears to be episode 155 of the 1980-81 season. The current version is labeled similarly, where FF03-10 appears to be the 10th episode of the 2003-04 season, with Karn hosting. O'Hurley and Harvey episodes have the same designations.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Bryce L.

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 11:48:57 PM »

If they're showing Match Game 74 0176 is likely episode number 176. It could very well be episode 76 of the first season, but that would only be about two or three months into the run, so late-summer, early-fall of 1973.

With Dawson Feud, 80-155 appears to be episode 155 of the 1980-81 season. The current version is labeled similarly, where FF03-10 appears to be the 10th episode of the 2003-04 season, with Karn hosting. O'Hurley and Harvey episodes have the same designations.

Thank you. But your answer raises another question for me. With regard to Dawson's Feud, since there were both an ABC daytime and a nighttime syndicated series produced concurrently, would there be any way to differentiate between an ABC daytime show and a nighttime syndicated show, just from looking at the episode number? Or would you need to view the episode itself (since watching will definitely settle day vs. night, with $5k fast money in day and $10k at night)

snowpeck

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 12:47:44 AM »

Thank you. But your answer raises another question for me. With regard to Dawson's Feud, since there were both an ABC daytime and a nighttime syndicated series produced concurrently, would there be any way to differentiate between an ABC daytime show and a nighttime syndicated show, just from looking at the episode number? Or would you need to view the episode itself (since watching will definitely settle day vs. night, with $5k fast money in day and $10k at night)

(Edited because I remembered the true numbering system from nighttime Feud, and what I posted previously was wrong.)

Remembering from the last time nighttime Feud was on the lineup, the numbering system was completely different.  The first season of Feud (which was weekly) is numbered 77-01 through 77-39. From there on out, the first two digits are the year, the third digit is the season number, and the last two digits are the episode number of that season.  

For instance, in the 78-79 season, you'll have episodes 78-201 through 79-251 or so, and the next season starts with 79-301.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:02:35 AM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Bryce L.

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 03:00:06 AM »

You are correct that 0176 is indeed episode number 176, which originally aired Thursday, March 28, 1974. I googled "match game episode guide", which led me to the guide hosted on Joe Madigan's site, and episode 176 in his list has the same celebrity listings as the episode marked "0176" on the PDF. So that is a mystery solved for me. Thank you.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 03:00:10 AM »
Remembering from the last time nighttime Feud was on the lineup, the numbering system was completely different. The first season of Feud (which was weekly) is numbered 77-01 through 77-39. From there on out, the first two digits are the year, the third digit is the season number, and the last two digits are the episode number of that season.

For instance, in the 78-79 season, you'll have episodes 78-201 through 79-251 or so, and the next season starts with 79-301.
Okay, I'm confused -- the nighttime episode I linked to here uses a number of 6-056 and FFN-81. It was taped June 9, 1981, so it can't be Season 6 (1982-83) unless they taped that far ahead.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 03:18:28 AM »
The one thing I always remember when watching a show off a satellite feed, the very first thing you see before the show starts is the program slate.  This tells you the name of the show as well as its episode(or production)#.  Akso, they show 2 dates:  the VTR(videotaped recording) date & the OAD(original airdate).  Unless you work at a station that carries the show or a video collector, those dates don't mean anyrhing at all.  Whenever I see these things, sometimes after the announcer says what's on that slate, certain sound effects or music would pop up.  Those were neat to hear every once in a while.

snowpeck

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 08:23:22 AM »
Remembering from the last time nighttime Feud was on the lineup, the numbering system was completely different. The first season of Feud (which was weekly) is numbered 77-01 through 77-39. From there on out, the first two digits are the year, the third digit is the season number, and the last two digits are the episode number of that season.

Okay, I'm confused -- the nighttime episode I linked to here uses a number of 6-056 and FFN-81. It was taped June 9, 1981, so it can't be Season 6 (1982-83) unless they taped that far ahead.

The numbering might have changed when nighttime Feud went to 5 days a week.  GSN didn't get too far into that era the last time they ran it.

EDIT: Looking back through the archive of PDF schedules at BuzzerBlog, they got through the 1980-1981 season (the first at five days a week), all with episode numbers preceded by a 4. They then skipped to episodes starting with a 6.  No episodes starting with a 5 were aired. Not sure exactly what that means.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:32:29 AM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 10:03:13 AM »
With Dawson Feud, 80-155 appears to be episode 155 of the 1980-81 season.
Semantics, I know, but that's not quite right.  The daytime episodes were numbered by order of taping for a particular year.  Meaning 80-1 was the first daytime episode produced in 1980 (which actually didn't air until 2/7/80).  Any 1980 episode that aired before that had 79-xxx as its episode number.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Bryce L.

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »
With Dawson Feud, 80-155 appears to be episode 155 of the 1980-81 season.
Semantics, I know, but that's not quite right.  The daytime episodes were numbered by order of taping for a particular year.  Meaning 80-1 was the first daytime episode produced in 1980 (which actually didn't air until 2/7/80).  Any 1980 episode that aired before that had 79-xxx as its episode number.

Somewhat off-topic, but that reminds me of the numbering scheme of the old soap opera "Dark Shadows" (which was on ABC as well, incidentally). Their scheme was as follows:

nnn-DRK-yy

where nnn was the number of the episode aired in the the year of broadcast, DRK meant "Dark Shadows", and yy was the last two digits of that year. For example, episode 135, the episode aired Friday, December 30, 1966, had the code 135-DRK-66, whereas episode 136, which aired Monday, January 2, 1967, had the code 1-DRK-67

aaron sica

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2012, 04:51:57 AM »
where nnn was the number of the episode aired in the the year of broadcast, DRK meant "Dark Shadows", and yy was the last two digits of that year. For example, episode 135, the episode aired Friday, December 30, 1966, had the code 135-DRK-66, whereas episode 136, which aired Monday, January 2, 1967, had the code 1-DRK-67

And before the days of the internet (I got hooked on Dark Shadows in 1985), it was virtually impossible to date a program as the copyright date was erroneously left as 1966 for much of 1967....

/Looking forward to the movie