Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More on GSN's "evolution"...  (Read 7873 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
More on GSN's "evolution"...
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2003, 02:22:11 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 12:45 PM\'] According to Trio's Terms & Conditions of Use:

"Trio Network, Universal Television Networks, part of the Universal Television Group (www.universalstudios.com), a division of Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE), and all subsidiary and affiliated companies."

Note: I also have DirecTV.  (I have been wanting to switch back to digital cable for months!) [/quote]
 It looks like Universal scooped up several properties along the way (Trio's website used to have the StudiosUSA logo--now USA and Bloomberg TV are also in Universal's fold).  Thanks for the clarification.

I just wish my digital cable carried Boomerang (I miss the classic stuff Cartoon Network used to show).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tommycharles

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 03:17:18 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 02:22 PM\']
I just wish my digital cable carried Boomerang (I miss the classic stuff Cartoon Network used to show).

Doug [/quote]
 Hey I'd be happy to have you take the Boomerang channel off of DirecTV, if you could do that. Everytime my niece comes over we have to watch cartoons....last time she stared at the Flintstones for 3 hours...

OBGameshow - she couldn't stand Louie Anderson's voice when he hosted Feud.

Terry K

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 03:23:49 PM »
Remember, USA and Trio are in the process of being sold to NBC.  Bloomberg doesn't go with them, since its under different ownership.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 05:35:46 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 03:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 02:22 PM\']

Doug [/quote]
Hey I'd be happy to have you take the Boomerang channel off of DirecTV, if you could do that. Everytime my niece comes over we have to watch cartoons....last time she stared at the Flintstones for 3 hours...

OBGameshow - she couldn't stand Louie Anderson's voice when he hosted Feud. [/quote]
 Boomerang, last I knew, was part of the optional $5.00/month "family pak", which also contained SoapNet and DIY.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

trainman

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2003, 12:38:57 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 02:35 PM\'] Boomerang, last I knew, was part of the optional $5.00/month "family pak", which also contained SoapNet and DIY. [/quote]
 Assuming we're still talking about DirecTV here, these days, Boomerang is part of the $1.00/month "Plus" addition to their regular "Total Choice" channel package.  Yes, that's one dollar for about 15 extra channels.  I assume the pricing makes sense to someone at DirecTV.
trainman is a man of trains

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2003, 04:16:11 AM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 12:38 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 10 2003, 02:35 PM\'] Boomerang, last I knew, was part of the optional $5.00/month "family pak", which also contained SoapNet and DIY. [/quote]
Assuming we're still talking about DirecTV here, these days, Boomerang is part of the $1.00/month "Plus" addition to their regular "Total Choice" channel package.  Yes, that's one dollar for about 15 extra channels.  I assume the pricing makes sense to someone at DirecTV. [/quote]

I was indeed talking about DirecTV.

However, I was unaware of the change.  While living at my parents house, we have different TV providers.  My parents utilize DirecTV, however, I use (and pay) for digital cable through Mediacom.

Interestingly, they have given Nick GAS an upgrade to the top digital tier, along with G4; and moved GSN and Trio to tier #2.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 04:16:26 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Thad Dixon

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2003, 10:20:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 11 2003, 04:16 AM\']Interestingly, they have given Nick GAS an upgrade to the top digital tier, [/quote]
And speaking of Nick GAS, I am not sure if either Brakus, fostergray82, or wxfrcaster has mentioned it yet, but Cox will be adding that to their digital tier (in Hampton Roads) come Dec. 31.  They will have it on the same tier they have GSN on right now (it'll be on ch. 252).