Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: When Reality Contestants Revolt!  (Read 9395 times)

Mr. Armadillo

When Reality Contestants Revolt!
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
TMZ reports that two contestants are out, the rest have come back, the show is back in production and the producers may use the mutiny as a plot point.
I'm only bringing this back up because the shows regarding the mutiny have aired, and oh, the irony--

After Mark and Buddy left the game, one of the remaining three was eliminated, putting the other two in the finals.  At this point, all of the eliminated contestants, excepting those who had quit, came back to compete for the third spot in the finals.

Out of all the eliminated contestants brought back to compete for the finals spot, which one earned it?  The one that was eliminated after the mutiny, obviously.  

In other words, the scenario that worked up Mark and Buddy to the point of leaving the show never happened.  Whoops.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2012, 07:28:01 PM »
TMZ reports that two contestants are out, the rest have come back, the show is back in production and the producers may use the mutiny as a plot point.
I'm only bringing this back up because the shows regarding the mutiny have aired, and oh, the irony--

After Mark and Buddy left the game, one of the remaining three was eliminated, putting the other two in the finals.  At this point, all of the eliminated contestants, excepting those who had quit, came back to compete for the third spot in the finals.

Out of all the eliminated contestants brought back to compete for the finals spot, which one earned it?  The one that was eliminated after the mutiny, obviously.  

In other words, the scenario that worked up Mark and Buddy to the point of leaving the show never happened.  Whoops.
I wonder if those two will be allowed compete for the at home prize. My guess is no, since by leaving, they break their agreement to be part of the game in any capacity.

I don't know how many of you watch the show, but to me, it seems like the two people in the house who stirred up most of the drama this season (both of whom are in the final) orchestrated the walkout to see if they could get rid of their biggest competitors.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

colonial

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 06:01:01 AM »

I wonder if those two will be allowed compete for the at home prize. My guess is no, since by leaving, they break their agreement to be part of the game in any capacity.

They are immediately DQd from the at-home prize if they walk off the show.  Olympic wrestler Rulon Gardner was not eligible for the at-home when he quit the show during the spring 2011 tournament.

NBC typically holds a media conference call with the winner a few days after the finale, so I'm hoping for some fireworks to break out in the Q-and-A. (the NBC PR flaks who are on the call tend to publicly flip out whenever an "inapprrpriate" question is asked to the winner -- happened three times during the spring 2011 call, including once to me).

JD

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 01:05:41 PM »
(the NBC PR flaks who are on the call tend to publicly flip out whenever an "inapprrpriate" question is asked to the winner -- happened three times during the spring 2011 call, including once to me).
What was your question that flipped them out?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

colonial

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 06:07:02 AM »
(the NBC PR flaks who are on the call tend to publicly flip out whenever an "inapprrpriate" question is asked to the winner -- happened three times during the spring 2011 call, including once to me).
What was your question that flipped them out?

I asked the winner (Olivia Ward) if she would use some of her winnings to deal with her infertility issues, even mentioning the issues my family went through before my daughter arrived.  Olivia was beginning her answer when the NBC flak took the phone and said that Olivia "would not answer" because it was "inappropriate," even though Olivia mentioned dozens of times during the season that her weight, along with an endocrine disorder, were preventing her from getting pregnant.  I was later told from another reporter that the show only wanted us to ask questions about "health and wellness."  If Olivia thought the question was inappropriate, NBC could have let her tell me -- I just have a feeling she wanted to answer.

The other two questions that were shouted down were one on Rulon Gardner's departure from the show, and Anna Kournikova joining the show as a trainer (the PR flak basically told us "Anna is a certified trainer, so ASK ANOTHER QUESTION!).    

JD

clemon79

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »
I was later told from another reporter that the show only wanted us to ask questions about "health and wellness."  If Olivia thought the question was inappropriate, NBC could have let her tell me -- I just have a feeling she wanted to answer.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. And I fail to see why that question *isn't* about "health and wellness."

The other two questions that were shouted down were one on Rulon Gardner's departure from the show, and Anna Kournikova joining the show as a trainer (the PR flak basically told us "Anna is a certified trainer, so ASK ANOTHER QUESTION!).
Yeah, I imagine that they got word from On High to not let the conversation get CLOSE to questioning her qualifications.

/Ace-King in poker is sometimes referred to as "Anna Kournikova"
//looks good, but rarely wins

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2012, 01:23:30 AM »
I don't know how many of you watch the show, but to me, it seems like the two people in the house who stirred up most of the drama this season (both of whom are in the final) orchestrated the walkout to see if they could get rid of their biggest competitors.
If that's what they did, I'd say that's no more or less contemptible than Jon Dalton lying about his dead grandmother back in the Pearl Islands.

Here's the kicker: aside from the fact that Biggest Loser almost always allows the previously eliminated players back in teh game (as a way to subvert the voting-out aspect, maybe) so the complainers aren't really in a position to complain. And even then, the whole thing was based on merit: the returnees got on the scale and half the group was cut based on weight los. Then a 100 yard dash cut down a few more. Then a nutrition based Race Game-ish puzzle knocked out a few more. Finally there was a "hang on to the golden ticket" challenge that would have been right at home as Final Immunity on Survivor. Every last challenge was one based on who was best, fastest, smartest, sturdiest. There was nothing about it that was a popularity contest or based on luck.

Here's the problem I see. Yes, they're making a television show, and everything should revolve around what makes for a program that more people will watch. But that television show is about saving people's lives and weight loss. It seems highly inappropriate to dress up something this important in a reality show.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2012, 01:34:34 AM »
Here's the problem I see. Yes, they're making a television show, and everything should revolve around what makes for a program that more people will watch. But that television show is about saving people's lives and weight loss. It seems highly inappropriate to dress up something this important in a reality show.
So goddamn much this.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2012, 07:16:22 AM »
Why are we discussing this piece of crap show?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2012, 07:19:50 AM »
Why don't you direct your question to the moderator that started this thread?  If you think its a piece of crap, you're free not to read about it.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2012, 10:40:22 AM »
Why don't you direct your question to the moderator that started this thread?  If you think its a piece of crap, you're free not to read about it.
I thought I did.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2012, 11:15:22 AM »
1/10, J. Bradford Owen the Third.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2012, 12:32:04 AM »
Nah, Trav. 3/10. He did get one bite.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »
Then a nutrition based Race Game-ish puzzle knocked out a few more.
Unless the contestants were given more information off-air than we got on television (one of the questions was "How many calories in a cheeseburger?"), I'd disagree that that challenge rewarded merit.