Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: When Reality Contestants Revolt!  (Read 9323 times)

tpirfan28

When Reality Contestants Revolt!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 04:59:25 PM »
Carrot Top, take a number and go stand behind Joe Piscopo.
Crap on Teh Top all you want, but the man seems to have found a niche with his Vegas show. Inebriated gamblers are apparently more than willing to drop $80 on a ticket to watch him play with his junk.
That means two things!
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
[quote name='tpirfan28']
[quote name='clemon79']
Crap on Teh Top all you want, but the man seems to have found a niche with his Vegas show. Inebriated gamblers are apparently more than willing to drop $80 on a ticket to watch him play with his junk.
[/quote]
That means two things!
[/quote]

It's very laudable that Mr. Top has such an interest in Chinese ships, but I won't buy a ticket to see that.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 10:34:12 PM »
TMZ reports that two contestants are out, the rest have come back, the show is back in production and the producers may use the mutiny as a plot point.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »
Couple of potentially interesting things.

-Not too long ago, there was a player who tried to tank her way out of TBL and failed catastrophically.  When confronted on camera, the host pretty much said "There's the door, feel free to use it."

-I'm going to presume they're taping for next season, because if they're still taping for the one currently airing--the one dubbed "No Excuses" where they gave an eliminated team a chance to return--that would be rather silly.
This signature is currently under construction.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 11:19:14 PM »
Inebriated gamblers are apparently more than willing to drop $80 on a ticket to watch him play with his junk.

Didn't Louie Anderson get in trouble for something like that?

It's very laudable that Mr. Top has such an interest in Chinese ships, but I won't buy a ticket to see that.

Damn it, I only have one Internet to award. Looks like I'll have to pull a Solomon and cut it in half to split between the two of you.
Bobby Peacock

Clay Zambo

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 11:29:21 PM »
TMZ reports that two contestants are out, the rest have come back, the show is back in production and the producers may use the mutiny as a plot point.

May?  They may use it?  Isn't that like saying the sun may rise in the east?
czambo@mac.com

weaklink75

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 12:02:37 AM »
-I'm going to presume they're taping for next season, because if they're still taping for the one currently airing--the one dubbed "No Excuses" where they gave an eliminated team a chance to return--that would be rather silly.

It's likely for this season- they schedule the filming so that the final few contestants in the game have about 6 weeks or so to work out and diet on their own before the finale ep airs. A an ep on their show can cover various amounts of time (usually 7-10 days from reports), so I'd suspect they have 2 or 3 more episodes to tape before the finalists were going to be decided.

And having players come back in very late isn't new- last season the contestants were specifically told that when they got to the final few  players, all the previously eliminated contestants would come back and compete against each other in a marathon for an automatic spot in the finale ep.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:07:14 AM by weaklink75 »

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 03:38:21 AM »

Well played, sir.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 03:42:26 AM »
Crap on Teh Top all you want, but the man seems to have found a niche with his Vegas show. Inebriated gamblers are apparently more than willing to drop $80 on a ticket to watch him play with his junk.!

This guy wishes people would drop $80 on a ticket to see him play with his junk.

/yes, there are a few things wrong with me
//I apologize
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »
May?  They may use it?  Isn't that like saying the sun may rise in the east?
Well, the other side of that argument is that it could be perceived as being embarrassing to the show, that the producers can't control their players.  We all know that there's a lot of behind-the-scenes nonsense that doesn't get used for one reason or another.  But yeah, with all the publicity this has generated, it certainly seems likely that they'll use it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 09:46:19 AM »
Well, the other side of that argument is that it could be perceived as being embarrassing to the show, that the producers can't control their players.

I suppose.  But considering that the producers have all the power in the editing booth, I'd say there's a likelier chance that the players will be made to look ridiculous.
czambo@mac.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »
In all the years I've been watching competitive reality shows (and that number is 13 or so), I've never seen an instance where it worked out well, in terms of making a good game or a good show. I suppose this is less egregious than allowing an entire bloc of previous players another chance to win the game against a group of fresh meat (as in Big Brother 2011), but not by much. I still remember the acrimony from Survivor: Pearl Islands, when the six Outcasts got a chance to play for the right to re-enter the game. They weren't guaranteed a spot, but each tribe they beat in a jailbreak challenge would take on one Outcast. And it was nasty, all-up. Bad TV. I just don't see what Biggest Loser gains in this, besides headlines and ink. Maybe that's enough.
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »
That's quite more than enough.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 06:24:21 PM »
That's quite more than enough.
Is it? People in this thread have said that the show has gotten stale, and it doesn't sound like the shake-up has made them want to watch the show anymore. That isn't good at all.
Travis L. Eberle

davemackey

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 10:17:16 AM »
[quote name='tpirfan28']
[quote name='clemon79']
That means two things!
[/quote]

[/quote]
Okay, three things then.