Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alex Trebek's Successor  (Read 35898 times)

Jimmy Owen

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »
So, Sajak is either 4 or 6 years away from surpassing Bob Barker's record as longest-tenured host of the same show.  I think he can do it!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:17:57 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Jamey Greek

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »
For Johnny Gilbert's replacement, I think we could go with Rich Fields, Joe Cipriano, or John Cramer.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2012, 02:20:35 PM »
Bryant Gumbel's time has passed.  He's too old.  I think it will be someone from the world of news, such as an Anderson Cooper or sports, like a John Tesh or Jim Nantz.
9/10. Masterful.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »
For Johnny Gilbert's replacement, I think we could go with Rich Fields, Joe Cipriano, or John Cramer.

Given that all three sleepwalked through their performances on Wheel, I don't see them doing any better on the sister show.
Bobby Peacock

Jamey Greek

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2012, 10:49:56 PM »

Given that all three sleepwalked through their performances on Wheel, I don't see them doing any better on the sister show.

well how about Jim Thornton perhaps?

BrandonFG

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2012, 12:17:26 AM »

Probably not. "Wheel" travels a lot, while "Jeopardy!" mostly stays in California.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:17:35 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

J.R.

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2012, 12:24:31 AM »
Probably not. "Wheel" travels a lot, while "Jeopardy!" mostly stays in California.
I honestly miss Jeopardy! traveling to university campuses. (I know the reason why, but it's still a bit of a bummer)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:24:58 AM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

ten96lt

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2012, 12:44:42 AM »
I honestly miss Jeopardy! traveling to university campuses. (I know the reason why, but it's still a bit of a bummer)
Can you explain why to those that don't?

BrandonFG

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2012, 01:39:10 AM »
Economics, and having to fly the crew and contestants to the campuses, and finding a place for everyone to stay.

With "Wheel" and the road trips, the contestants mostly come from that city; with "Jeopardy", in addition to the crews, you also fly the contestants from whatever college they're from, and then have to make extra accommodations, etc.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2012, 02:55:27 AM »
Economics, and having to fly the crew and contestants to the campuses, and finding a place for everyone to stay.

With "Wheel" and the road trips, the contestants mostly come from that city; with "Jeopardy", in addition to the crews, you also fly the contestants from whatever college they're from, and then have to make extra accommodations, etc.
Well things may be looking up in terms of Jeopardy traveling. They're taping Power Players Week and the Semi-Finals and Finals of the Teen Tournament in D.C. soon, so maybe that means the economy is finally looking bright for them in those regards.

As for "Wheel" traveling a lot, they've seemed to be as sparse in their travels as "Jeopardy!"; probably due to economics as well. I miss the weeks of "Wheel" when they'd shoot outside.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Craig Karlberg

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2012, 03:14:34 AM »
Isn't J! going to Washington this year for its Power Players Week?  Because outside of that, J! doesn'r really need to teavel all that much as opposed to WoF.

Jamey Greek

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2012, 09:46:34 AM »

Jeopardy will travel on occasion though.  I know they are going to DC for Power Players next month.  The shows will air in May.

ten96lt

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2012, 02:25:19 PM »

Grazie! I didn't think it was that simple, from the "(I know the reason why)" I thought something happened one year while traveling and they decided to never do it again. I don't see how it can be that expensive if they do 3 weeks of shows there (say tournament and a week of regular or celebrity shows) and you do it at a college near a large city. They still have to fly the college students to and board them in LA; I don't see how it'd be that much harder to find accommodations in say Chicago if they held it at Northwestern University for example. They are going back to DC so maybe they'll try it again for next year.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2012, 02:34:43 PM »
I don't see how it can be that expensive if they do 3 weeks of shows there (say tournament and a week of regular or celebrity shows) and you do it at a college near a large city.
Have you ever rented a moving truck?

Now multiply that by forty and pay a bunch of guys to move your cargo (make sure they don't drop or scratch anything, for Pete's sake!)

and buy a bunch of airline tickets to send the crew there.

Now you need to buy up an entire floor at the Holiday Inn to make sure people have a place to stay.

And you need to book a venus, which isn't cheap.

I can completely understand why Jeopardy would choose to stay home and ride out the downturn. The show is more interesting for being "away," but it isn't any worse at home.
Travis L. Eberle

Mr. Brown

Alex Trebek's Successor
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2012, 03:06:33 PM »
And you need to book a venus, which isn't cheap.

How much does it cost to book a venus? I can't imagine Venus being cheap (or hospitable).
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen