Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid/TTD Combo  (Read 1755 times)

Jamey Greek

Pyramid/TTD Combo
« on: February 22, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »
Could someone elaborate on the Pyramid/TTD Combo?  Please?  I would like some more details

J.R.

Pyramid/TTD Combo
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 07:45:02 PM »
CIA won't let me divulge the details.
-Joe Raygor

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Pyramid/TTD Combo
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »
Could someone elaborate on the Pyramid/TTD Combo?  Please?  I would like some more details

...on what, exactly?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

MikeK

• Martha!
Pyramid/TTD Combo
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »
Could someone elaborate on the Pyramid/TTD Combo?  Please?
Indeed.  If you go to The Game Show Bar and Grill in Toledo, it is one of their most popular offerings.  You get 6 sliders, in the shape of a Pyramid, plus a hearty supply of crossed french fries and onion rings for $7.11.  And if you don't eat it all, you can take it home in one of their red boxes.  They are important and your waitress will tell you more about it when she brings it out.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Pyramid/TTD Combo
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »
Indeed.  If you go to The Game Show Bar and Grill in Toledo, it is one of their most popular offerings.  You get 6 sliders, in the shape of a Pyramid, plus a hearty supply of crossed french fries and onion rings for $7.11.  And if you don't eat it all, you can take it home in one of their red boxes.  They are important and your waitress will tell you more about it when she brings it out.

You see, this is why I didn't want to make a food reference. Because I wouldn't have done it as well.

(IS there a game show themed restaurant somewhere in the country? Suddenly I am legitimately curious.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

tpirfan28

Pyramid/TTD Combo
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:27:06 PM »
Kickstarter this (or is that illegal)?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

Pyramid/TTD Combo
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 08:30:51 PM »
Mike: I lol'd

Jamey: you asked about Pyramid before...it became Donnymid. It was supposed to premiere in fall 2001, but got pushed back a year, IIRC because not enough stations were interested. From what I remember, Sony threw that hat into the syndication ring fairly late (the pilot was in November or December 2000).

I never knew about a TTD pilot until that list surfaced on the Television City website. Pilot reports were fairly common during the ATGS era, so I'm kinda surprised no one ever mentioned it.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Pyramid/TTD Combo
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 08:34:27 PM »
(IS there a game show themed restaurant somewhere in the country? Suddenly I am legitimately curious.)

There was one, but it was "temporarily" closed for renovations a good 2 months after opening.
Bobby Peacock

Vahan_Nisanian

Pyramid/TTD Combo
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 12:20:24 AM »
Question about the CBS Television City site (and yes, this is OT):

It says that the ABC sitcom That's My Mama was taped there from March-August 1974. I thought it was always taped at The Prospect Studios (formerly ABC Television Center). And speaking of which, are there any sites much like cbstelevisioncity.com that have the production timeline for the Prospect Studios and NBC Studios Burbank?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:22:29 AM by gameshowlover87 »