Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's go to the Bonus Round...  (Read 9553 times)

zachhoran

Let's go to the Bonus Round...
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2003, 08:13:46 AM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 03:54 AM\']
At bare minimum if no one has spun for the million on a particular show (or make it standard), the Showcase winner spins for a million. Bonus spin rules apply.

1) It would make the million dollar spin feel like an afterthought, especially after all these decades of the Showcases being the big finish, and

2) The Big Wheel would be in the way of showing the prizes. [/quote]
 IIRC, the Big Wheel on last Saturday's MDS was placed closer to the turntable rather than in its normal spot so that the prizes won could still be displayed. I suspect that if the winner was a DSW(if that rule is in effect), there'd be an edit between the wheel spin and Bob's goodbye so that the prizes in both showcases could be won.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2003, 03:59:33 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 01:54 AM\'] 1) It would make the million dollar spin feel like an afterthought, especially after all these decades of the Showcases being the big finish, and

[/quote]
 Yeah, it kinda did.

2) The Big Wheel would be in the way of showing the prizes.

This, my friend, is why we have tape edits. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tommycharles

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2003, 04:03:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 03:59 PM\']

This, my friend, is why we have tape edits. :) [/quote]
 *heading off topic of original post*

Yes, but not nearly as many as BPiR. There, there is no commercial break between the final pricing game, the wheel, and the showcase. And boy does it look awkward.

HYHYBT

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2003, 06:14:51 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 03:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 01:54 AM\'] 1) It would make the million dollar spin feel like an afterthought, especially after all these decades of the Showcases being the big finish, and

[/quote]
Yeah, it kinda did.
 [/quote]
 Sorry. I didn't remember the show until I was already at work and missed it and had no idea they'd actually *done* a spin after the Showcases!

This, my friend, is why we have tape edits. :)

And Price's a better show for avoiding them whenever possible, or at least whenever it makes things not "fit" (like the table on TTTT's appearing from nowhere)
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Don Howard

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2004, 05:05:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 9 2003, 01:05 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 10:53 PM\'] I'll always remember coming home on work break to see the first episode of Winning Lines, and actually watching the female contestant, Catherine, make her way to the very last answer, but ended up with $500K instead.
 [/quote]
And she HAD A PITSTOP LEFT. SHE HAD A FREAKIN' PITSTOP LEFT. {crying}

Best. Endgame. Ever. [/quote]
 Catherine Rahm was at Game Show Mecca on Sunday and she and I talked about her appearance on Winning Lines. On her own, she brought up the fact that she later realized that she had that pit stop on the table. However, by that point, she was in her 10th hour on the set. Consequently, her focus wasn't as sharp as it could have been. Alas and alack. It should be noted that she was very happy with her $500,000....when she finally got the check, which took over four months to arrive after the episode was telecast.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2004, 06:01:17 PM »
Did she skydive in?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2004, 06:42:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Aug 18 2004, 02:05 PM\'] On her own, she brought up the fact that she later realized that she had that pit stop on the table. However, by that point, she was in her 10th hour on the set. Consequently, her focus wasn't as sharp as it could have been. [/quote]
 Oh, I certainly don't begrudge her for bailing out in the heat of the moment and under what has to have been more pressure than I personally have ever endured in a similar situation. It just broke my heart to see that on a different day, under not-entirely different circumstances, she could have won the whole thing.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe