Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Boden Left!  (Read 16754 times)

daveromanjr

Bob Boden Left!
« on: December 08, 2003, 03:28:34 PM »
From TVGameshows.net

Bob Boden, the original programming chief of Game Show Network when GSN launched in December 1994 and senior vice president of programming since August 2001, is leaving the network.
     GSN is expected to issue a release on Boden's departure later today. Boden was not available for comment. However, some insiders say he is expected to form his own production company.
     Kevin Belinkoff, an assistant to Boden and a former senior producer of Family Feud, is expected to be named interim chief of GSN programming.
     Boden rejoined the network more than two years ago from his post as senior vice president for production and development of Dick Clark Productions. He created Greed and developed Challenge of the Child Geniuses for Fox.
     Since returning to GSN, Boden has overseen the most ambitious slate of original programming in the nine years of the network's history. The company's biggest hit has been Lingo, which is in its third cycle of first-run episodes. Under Boden's watch, GSN's first documentary, Big Bucks: the Press Your Luck Scandal garnered the highest ratings of any program ever on the network.
     At GSN's outset in 1994, Boden developed the "Prime Games" and "Club A.M." concepts, which featured on-camera hosts and playbreaks between classic Goodson-Todman and Barry and Enright games.
     Boden's recent interview with Bob Barker, who turns 80 this week, is appearing in excerpts during a morning marathon Barker birthday celebration through Friday.

And discuss

calliaume

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 03:46:48 PM »
Bummer.  Bob did some good work for GSN, but I suspect he'll be happier creating his own shows.

urbanpreppie05

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 03:54:28 PM »
When I recieved the email from Steve last night (I'm not lying, he actually sent me an email saying that someone was stepping down) I was hoping that it wasn't going to be him, but I knew...

What else has Belinkoff done? His name does ring a bell....
insert signature here

melman1

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 04:00:35 PM »
I wonder if Boden is the one who's been using Mr. Prof. Beverly as his PR machine, and if maybe now GSN will improve their PR and communications, instead of leaking it out?
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

PeterMarshallFan

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 04:44:57 PM »
I don't know what shocks me more--Boden's departure or Kevin "MrGameShw" Belinkoff taking his place [albeit interim]

...be afraid.....

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 04:47:07 PM »
This ought to be good :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PeterMarshallFan

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 04:54:56 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 05:47 PM\'] This ought to be good :) [/quote]
 The big announcement was that GSN aquired Louie's Feud, Card Sharks 01, and Match Game 98. ;-)

TV Favorites

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 09:04:36 PM »
Kevin Belinkoff, an assistant to Boden and a former senior producer of Family Feud, is expected to be named interim chief of GSN programming

Oh....my.....God......

Run for the hills!  Hopefully, this will just be temporary.

clemon79

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 09:06:15 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 07:04 PM\'] Oh....my.....God......

Run for the hills!  Hopefully, this will just be temporary. [/quote]
 Hey, here's an idea, how about we let the man do his job, and see what happens? At least we know he has an appreciation for the classics.

TV Favorites

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 09:11:55 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 09:06 PM\'] [quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 07:04 PM\'] Oh....my.....God......

Run for the hills!  Hopefully, this will just be temporary. [/quote]
Hey, here's an idea, how about we let the man do his job, and see what happens? At least we know he has an appreciation for the classics. [/quote]
 I've seen the kind of job he does.  Hopefully he has improved over time, though.

clemon79

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 09:14:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 07:11 PM\'] I've seen the kind of job he does.  Hopefully he has improved over time, though. [/quote]
 Yeah, besides, it would give you Chicken Littles nothing to bitch about, wouldn't it?

GS Warehouse

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2003, 11:25:41 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 04:54 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 05:47 PM\'] This ought to be good :) [/quote]
The big announcement was that GSN aquired Louie's Feud, Card Sharks 01, and Match Game 98. ;-) [/quote]
 There is a bright side to this.  I wouldn't mind seeing Shopping Spree again (Belinkoff was a producer for Jay Wolpert Enterprises then).  And hopefully, Boden will take Greed with him.

Terry K

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2003, 03:21:06 AM »
Hey, you gotta fight PAX for those Louie Feud eps, better get $20 out of the ATM :D

chuckwooleryfan

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2003, 08:06:45 AM »
I think I'm going to be sick... not because Belinkoff is taking over. Just for the simple fact that a brilliant man like Bob Boden is leaving GSN.

All I can do at this point is wish Mr. Boden the best of luck in his future. Hopefully Mr. Belinkoff will prove to be a worthy successor...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 02:29:06 PM by chuckwooleryfan »

Ian Wallis

Bob Boden Left!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2003, 08:55:36 AM »
How much was Boden responsible for the current schedule?  Did he just oversee the originals, or did he have a hand in programming the "classics" as well?

Maybe now they might add a few more to the schedule (specifically those voted on the Feast of Favorites)?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!