Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Don Morrow  (Read 5448 times)

Timsterino

Don Morrow
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2003, 04:16:48 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 03:10 AM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 01:25 AM\'] Randy or anyone - are they still using actual ISDN? Hasn't some other kind of broadband replaced it? [/quote]
Hey Chris, YOU'RE the techie. I'm so technology illiterate that I try to turn on my computer by lighting candles and singing Carpenters' songs.

I recently did a spot in LA for Washington Mutual Bank with the client directing from San Francisco... I THINK the producer said we were on ISDN. All I know is that the last time I was at Joe Cipriano's house he was ISDN'ing the CBS and FOX promos. If it's good enough for Cip, it's good enough for me!

Oh, and on topic... yes Don Morrow was the on-camera Shell Answer Man in those great spots.

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
I knew that was you! I was in the car here in Miami and I heard a Washington Mutual commercial and I turned to my wife and said "That announcer guy sounds a lot like Randy West". I am glad my ears were not lying to me.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 04:17:13 AM by Timsterino »

gameshowhost1

Don Morrow
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2003, 10:37:36 AM »
Camouflage was the first game show I ever saw in person.  We were vacationing in NY(where I was born but moved to WV as a small child)in 1961 and I got to see Camouflage with Paul Taubman playing the organ and a lady winning a new car at the end!  It was one of my favorite childhood memories.  Don Morrow was always one of my early favorites.

uncamark

Don Morrow
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2003, 12:53:02 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 07:40 PM\'][quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 07:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Dec 7 2003, 06:43 PM\'] Everytime I see him these days I bring up my childhood fave show "Camouflage" that he hosted... [/quote]
Eeek!  More power to you, Randy.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
This was the early 60s original Camouflage, which by accounts on Usenet was far superior to the 1980 Barrisized remake most of us are more familiar with.[/quote]
On the other hand, on his exceptional TV tickets pages, Mark Evanier recalls that he loved the original show as a kid, but when he saw an old kinnie a few years ago, he was shocked to see that it had not aged well.

dmota104

Don Morrow
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2003, 07:40:31 AM »
Almost hate to ask -- but didn't Don Morrow read questions on some of the first few eps of Fox's "The Chamber"?

uncamark

Don Morrow
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2003, 03:02:53 PM »
[quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'Dec 9 2003, 07:40 AM\']Almost hate to ask -- but didn't Don Morrow read questions on some of the first few eps of Fox's "The Chamber"?[/quote]
I think you're right--although I thought that Mark "Voice of Doom" Thompson was the show's announcer.

And when she was in Chicago doing some improv last year, the woman who also did some of the off-camera voices on "The Chamber" (whose name I've forgotten) told me that her voice-over work was done in the studio during actual taping, not in post-production.