Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: G/T employees still in the business?  (Read 8528 times)

cmjb13

G/T employees still in the business?
« on: June 23, 2003, 01:18:33 PM »
Except for the TPIR staff, are there any old G/T employees still working on game shows?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 01:21:57 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 23 2003, 12:18 PM\'] Except for the TPIR staff, are there any old G/T employees still working on game shows? [/quote]
 I think this is the same guy, but Michael Malone, former music supervisor for G/T (he did the theme song for Dream House in 1983), has worked on Card Sharks and more recently, Whammy.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 01:31:54 PM »
Alex Trebek?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 01:47:14 PM »
Actually I meant staff, but even though he worked for G/T, he didn't for his entire career.

I was wondering staff wise, if people who only worked on G/T shows were still in the business.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 01:58:09 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 23 2003, 12:18 PM\'] Except for the TPIR staff, are there any old G/T employees still working on game shows? [/quote]
Many!

Yes, Michael Malone is stage managing. Gaby Johnson and Andy Felsher are at Freemantle. Beverly Pomerantz is still queen of contestant coordinators, Michael Brockman is consulting, Bob Boden is at GSN... These are just a few of the folks who come to mind as I've recently seen them, or their names came up in recent conversations. Many G/T'ers are scattered among us.   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 07:29:06 PM by tvrandywest »

cmjb13

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 05:33:28 PM »
Andy Felcher

Any relation to Howard?

Boden I question. I was looking for people who have been employed by G/T and did little outside work (ie: other shows)

Thanks for the info though.

Ghastly_Gary

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 05:53:27 PM »
Let's not forget Cram producer Jonathan Goodson.

tvrandywest

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 07:14:20 PM »
Andy Felsher is Howard Felsher's son.

But..... WHOA!

>>Boden I question. I was looking for people who have been employed by G/T and did little outside work (ie: other shows)<<

\"Boden I question.\".... \"...looking for people...\" ?

I'm under the impression that this board is all about idle small talk and general curiosity. If you're playing private investigator or looking to generate a contact list for some business venture, please count me out as a source.

Respectfully,

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 07:31:15 PM by tvrandywest »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 01:18:00 AM »
If you're playing private investigator or looking to generate a contact list for some business venture

I took the question to mean people who spent a large part or all of their careers at G-T. A lot of people who worked for G-T in New York in the '50s and '60s came to California and continued to work for the company. Those people for the most part have retired or passed away. Barker has been doing TPIR for 30+ years but don't forget that his association with the company began during the second phase of G-T's existence.

Was Boden ever actually on the G-T payroll? I'm aware that he had some vague connection with TPIR before Barbara Hunter brought him to CBS.

cmjb13

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 06:21:41 AM »
I'm under the impression that this board is all about idle small talk and general curiosity. If you're playing private investigator or looking to generate a contact list for some business venture, please count me out as a source.

You are looking into that statement too much.

I didn't know he was a G/T employee.

Let me rephrase this:

I was wondering who had been employed by G/T almost all their lives, for example Frank Wayne.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 06:55:26 AM by cmjb13 »

zachhoran

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 09:44:24 AM »
Paul Alter was with GT going back at least to the mid-late 50s(having worked Cullen TPIR) through his involuntary \"Early retirement at the request of Pearson\" in late 2000.

Boden did work the Eubanks CS, on an episode airing on GSN recently, Eubanks said that Boden was leaving CS \"to pursue other interests\". As per the Naturally Stoned episode SUnday night, Boden worked Feud(didn't say which version though) and PYL.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 09:46:39 AM by zachhoran »

bricon

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2003, 11:43:21 AM »
Boden did work the Eubanks CS, on an episode airing on GSN recently, Eubanks said that Boden was leaving CS \"to pursue other interests\". As per the Naturally Stoned episode SUnday night, Boden worked Feud(didn't say which version though) and PYL.

That was in the capacity of being a CBS employee, not a MGP employee.
He did work for MGP in later years, though.

ChuckNet

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2003, 12:27:32 PM »
Except for the TPIR staff, are there any old G/T employees still working on game shows?

A former P+ researcher is now moderator of an online bulletin board devoted to game shows...maybe you've been there sometime? :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2003, 05:25:35 PM »
As per the Naturally Stoned episode SUnday night, Boden worked Feud(didn't say which version though) and PYL.

Original supervising producer, current version.  Left after first 65 eps because Dick Clark and Fox had called him in to come up with a big-money quiz show for prime time.  He came up with \"Greed.\"  You may've heard of it.  :)

And yes, Boden's probably the man to blame for the final triple-value, one-strike question on the current \"Feud.\"

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2003, 06:59:38 PM »
I could swear Boden was with CBS during the run of Eubanks CS. I was pitching shows to him and Barbara Hunter around that time. I question whether he was ever on the G-T/MGP payroll.