Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Price is Right  (Read 18741 times)

Tim L

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2011, 11:28:34 PM »
I've eaten at Subway, which is practically on Cleveland State's Campus, never been asked for College Id,,Most College Fast food places I know of serve the general public as well..
The key word is "practically".  Unless CSU added a Subway since I graduated from there 6 years ago, the Subway of which you speak is not on CSU property.

Now I'm hungry.  Thanks guys. >:-/

I know it isnt. why I said "Practically"..There were a lot of Students in there the last time I ate there..More accurately, It's just before The Cleveland State Buildings begin..

trainman

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2011, 01:41:24 AM »
SJSU was interesting in that for most residential students, if you didn't eat at the Dining Commons, you could take your ID / meal card to the Student Union or the Pub and get cash credit towards whatever you wanted to eat there. So, worst case, you could always get a couple slices of pizza or a two-piece fried-chicken meal for the same swipe of the meal card that admitted you to the DC.

I happen to know that's the case at Northwestern now, and they've always seemed a bit behind the curve on such things, so I assume it's the case at pretty much every university in These Modern Times.

'Cept on Sundays, the Student Union and Pub were closed, so the DC knew they had a captive audience, and that was when they tried to serve up the fish that tasted like the underside of a pier and such.

Back in my day, the dining halls at Northwestern only served one meal on Sundays -- brunch. So dinner for those of us in the dorms always came from one of the many fine restaurants in the area, by which I mean half the time I had Papa John's delivered, and the other half I walked to the McDonald's on Orrington Avenue (thumbing my nose at the closest eatery to the south end of campus, The Worst Burger King in the World). But now the dining halls serve Sunday dinner, so I assume most of the fast-food places in downtown Evanston have closed.
trainman is a man of trains

BrandonFG

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2011, 01:47:28 AM »
SJSU was interesting in that for most residential students, if you didn't eat at the Dining Commons, you could take your ID / meal card to the Student Union or the Pub and get cash credit towards whatever you wanted to eat there. So, worst case, you could always get a couple slices of pizza or a two-piece fried-chicken meal for the same swipe of the meal card that admitted you to the DC.

I happen to know that's the case at Northwestern now, and they've always seemed a bit behind the curve on such things, so I assume it's the case at pretty much every university in These Modern Times.
That's also how it was when I was in school a decade ago. I can't remember if it happened every single time, but the school occasionally loaded everyone's student ID with $50 at the start of the semester. Otherwise, you'd add your own money whenever you wanted, and could use it at the student center, or at the library.

The college where I work offers the same option to students, and apparently faculty/staff as well (I keep forgetting to look into that). I believe your card may also be used at a few off-campus restaurants and businesses. When I was in school, there were rumors that my alma mater would do the same thing, but that never came to fruition. I'm thinking it's changed since I graduated.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »
the school occasionally loaded everyone's student ID with $50 at the start of the semester.
Lord, I wish. As I write this, I'm sitting at my on-campus job, starving and out of Hoot Loot (our campus currency, since our mascot is an owl).
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2011, 01:42:16 PM »
Lord, I wish. As I write this, I'm sitting at my on-campus job, starving and out of Hoot Loot (our campus currency, since our mascot is an owl).
What's the exchange rate of Hoot Loot per Itchy & Scratchy dollar?
Travis L. Eberle

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2011, 02:21:27 PM »
What's the exchange rate of Hoot Loot per Itchy & Scratchy dollar?
Doesn't even matter.
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2011, 04:12:43 PM »
the school occasionally loaded everyone's student ID with $50 at the start of the semester.

Rice? Temple? Florida Atlantic? Other?

(OT: is it just me or is the FAU logo creepy?)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2011, 05:31:40 PM »
I'm going to go with Southern Connecticut.

MSU tarting up their cuisine (hopefully not literally) makes sense.  Make it attractive enough and you get people you ordinarily wouldn't.

Spending money to make money.  What a novel idea.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:36:08 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2011, 12:36:11 PM »
I'm going to go with Southern Connecticut.
Yep, Southern CT State.