Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Price is Right  (Read 18967 times)

BrandonFG

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 12:51:40 AM »
You misunderestimate me. My implication was that yes, I know you don't have to have a college ID to eat at a college food court, but it's also pretty pointless to go all the way to a college just to get my Chick-Fil-A fix.
Where I live, there's three Chik-Fil-As in the city. One's a good 15 minute drive to the other side of town; the other two are on much (or somewhat) closer college campuses. When I have a craving, I'm going to the campus. No one's ever asked me for an ID*, and it's not pointless at all (esp. when gas is still $3 a gallon). I doubt that even the most anal college administrator is looking for proof that you attend school there.

*Granted, I now work for one college, but I've still never been carded there or at the other one.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 01:36:16 AM »
I doubt that even the most anal college administrator is looking for proof that you attend school there.
Our University Pavilion finds itself as a resting ground for a homeless man or two once in a while. I think being a non-student paying customer is just fine.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2011, 02:19:35 AM »
I apologize to occasional readers who probably find a lot of this awfully petty, but golly this kind of stuff out of you just drives me nuts.
Well, pretty much everything *else* out of him drives the rest of us nuts, so that seems pretty even.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 09:19:11 AM »
I doubt that even the most anal college administrator is looking for proof that you attend school there.
Even this statement suggests that you're getting away with something by eating on a college campus, and when it comes from a respected poster, I just have to ask.  Do people really feel that eating at on on-campus site is somehow reserved exclusively for students?  That it's in some way "wrong" to step foot on a campus without a reason except to take advantage of the yummy goodness of their food court?  That line of thought just totally never occurred to me.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 10:01:42 AM »
Even this statement suggests that you're getting away with something by eating on a college campus, and when it comes from a respected poster, I just have to ask.  Do people really feel that eating at on on-campus site is somehow reserved exclusively for students?  That it's in some way "wrong" to step foot on a campus without a reason except to take advantage of the yummy goodness of their food court?  That line of thought just totally never occurred to me.
For a big sprawling place like State or Michigan that's probably less of a concern.  In Saginaw, there are a couple of higher learning institutions, that are like mini-cities where you need parking permits, etc.  At the SVSU library, I would often be asked "Are you a student here?"  After a while I came up with, "No, just a taxpayer."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Tim L

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:49 AM »
We just got a Books a Million in North Canton, Ohio-In a place called "The Strip" (sort of an outdoor mall) North of the Belden Village shopping area between Canton and Akron, replacing a Borders..You have to have a "Card" costing twenty bucks a year to use their "free" wifi..Overall, not as nice as Borders was..2 Chick-fil-a locations, inside Belden Village Mall and a freestanding location a few miles away..Never heard of Taco John's before this thread..Sounds decent, though I wouldnt drive to Athens, about 100 miles south of here, to try it..

I've eaten at Subway, which is practically on Cleveland State's Campus, never been asked for College Id,,Most College Fast food places I know of serve the general public as well..

TimK2003

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 01:23:19 PM »
Never heard of Taco John's before this thread..Sounds decent, though I wouldnt drive to Athens, about 100 miles south of here, to try it..

We have our share of Taco John's out here, but Taco Time is the outright favorite in town.  Down side is, like Chick Fil-A, Closed Sundays.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »
I'm not Brandon but I'll add that I would be less inclined to visit a college campus for the sole purpose of eating.  Just seems to far outside the norm but jmo
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MikeK

• Martha!
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2011, 05:25:32 PM »
I've eaten at Subway, which is practically on Cleveland State's Campus, never been asked for College Id,,Most College Fast food places I know of serve the general public as well..
The key word is "practically".  Unless CSU added a Subway since I graduated from there 6 years ago, the Subway of which you speak is not on CSU property.

Now I'm hungry.  Thanks guys. >:-/

BrandonFG

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2011, 05:25:33 PM »
No...not at all what I was trying to imply. I was making the point that it doesn't at all matter whether you attend the school or not. If you want good eats just go there already.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »
If there's a restaurant on the campus that's really good, and it's local, then I can see going there for food.  (Aside: Mmmmm, Uncle Sam's)  However, going out of your way for campus food is a tad strange.  I would think that a non-student would generally want to avoid school food, given the option.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:41:45 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

Matt Ottinger

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2011, 05:47:33 PM »
If there's a restaurant on the campus that's really good, and it's local, then I can see going there for food.  (Aside: Mmmmm, Uncle Sam's)  However, going out of your way for campus food is a tad strange.  I would think that a non-student would generally want to avoid school food, given the option.
Weirdly, that's not at all the case at Michigan State.  For whatever reason, the school has dedicated itself in a HUGE way to improving the culinary operations in their residence halls.  So much so that it's not uncommon at all for non-student adults to dine in what once would have been called a 'school cafeteria'.  More here.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »

clemon79

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »
Weirdly, that's not at all the case at Michigan State.  For whatever reason, the school has dedicated itself in a HUGE way to improving the culinary operations in their residence halls.  So much so that it's not uncommon at all for non-student adults to dine in what once would have been called a 'school cafeteria'.  More here.
SJSU was interesting in that for most residential students, if you didn't eat at the Dining Commons, you could take your ID / meal card to the Student Union or the Pub and get cash credit towards whatever you wanted to eat there. So, worst case, you could always get a couple slices of pizza or a two-piece fried-chicken meal for the same swipe of the meal card that admitted you to the DC.

As such, I always thought the DC's food was reasonably good. 'Cept on Sundays, the Student Union and Pub were closed, so the DC knew they had a captive audience, and that was when they tried to serve up the fish that tasted like the underside of a pier and such.

/the technology radio show I worked on on Sunday nights meant I usually missed Sunday dinner at the DC
//Chili Dog Sunday at Das Wienerschnitzel was my savior in more ways than one

Flerbert419

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2011, 08:21:58 PM »
The one thing that I will say is that I've found that some of the chains at college campuses are either more expensive or don't offer their cheapest items, such as their dollar menus.

I could see how it would be strange for non-students to come eat there, but I always just assumed they were visitors.