Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Price is Right  (Read 18752 times)

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 02:59:06 PM »
baked Snoop
Incidentally, also new on the dessert menu at Friendly's.
which could explain why they are in Chapter 11...

No fair. Toledo still has a Friendly's, but Michigan lost all of ours in the mid 90s. (Two of them are still empty, too.)

Ohio and Indiana are also hogging Waffle House, Chick-Fil-A and Taco John's and not letting us have any.

/and Dillard's
//and, until this year, Books-a-Million
Bobby Peacock

Vahan_Nisanian

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 03:41:40 PM »
The original TPIR with Bill Cullen had celebrities playing the game.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 03:44:08 PM »
The original TPIR with Bill Cullen had celebrities playing the game.
Mentioned three days and 24 posts ago.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

mmb5

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 06:31:55 PM »

No fair. Toledo still has a Friendly's, but Michigan lost all of ours in the mid 90s. (Two of them are still empty, too.)

Ohio and Indiana are also hogging Waffle House, Chick-Fil-A and Taco John's and not letting us have any.

/and Dillard's
Toledo's Friendly's closed this year.  There still is one in Maumee.

And there's a Chick-Fil-A in Pontiac.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Twentington

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 06:35:37 PM »

It's on a college campus though. I meant ones that non-college students can eat at.
Bobby Peacock

MikeK

• Martha!
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 07:07:34 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, there are 2 Waffle Houses and zero Taco John's in Cleveland.  Chick-Fil-A has grown from 2 mall locations to about 15 locations in the last 3 or so years.  We're hardly hogging them up.  And do you really want a Waffle House?

ETA:  A search on Taco John's site says there is one location in Ohio, in Athens, and that's more like Appalachia than Ohio, so it doesn't count.  (Oh, hi Ohio U. alums and Don Howard.)

I think there is one B-a-M in the Cleveland area, and I haven't been to that part of town in probably 15 years.  Not hogging them up at all.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:10:23 PM by MikeK »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 07:32:15 PM »
We just got a Books-A-Million in North Jersey when they took over a Borders Express store that closed. Not bad, but not terribly impressed either.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Twentington

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 07:38:51 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, there are 2 Waffle Houses and zero Taco John's in Cleveland.  Chick-Fil-A has grown from 2 mall locations to about 15 locations in the last 3 or so years.  We're hardly hogging them up.  And do you really want a Waffle House?

ETA:  A search on Taco John's site says there is one location in Ohio, in Athens, and that's more like Appalachia than Ohio, so it doesn't count.  (Oh, hi Ohio U. alums and Don Howard.)

I think there is one B-a-M in the Cleveland area, and I haven't been to that part of town in probably 15 years.  Not hogging them up at all.

Okay, that was kind of confusingly phrased. I know there are Waffle Houses and Chick-Fil-As as far north as Toledo, so I'm surprised they never made the next step into at least Detroit.

B-A-M and Taco John's aren't exactly prevalent in Ohio, but Indiana has several of both. I know B-A-M is at least as far north as Muncie, and there's a recently converted ex-Waldenbooks in Defiance, Ohio. I find it strange that B-A-M operates both superstores like Barnes & Noble and tiny, mall-based Waldenbooks-type stores.
Bobby Peacock

bwood

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »

I love Taco John's. I live about 45 minutes from Ohio's only Taco John's and stop by occasionally when I go hit up Athens to buy Ski soda. Was just there about a month ago and it was pretty good for fast-food Mexican fare.

We're considered to be in Appalachia (pretty much) where I live but I consider myself the exception to the definition of an "Appalachian Resident", so to speak :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:08:51 PM by bwood »

Matt Ottinger

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »
It's on a college campus though. I meant ones that non-college students can eat at.
I can assure you that they don't make you show your college ID in order to eat there.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

MikeK

• Martha!
Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »
I can assure you that they don't make you show your college ID in order to eat there.
Shhhhh.  Don't confuse the lad.

Matt Ottinger

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 10:28:41 PM »
You see those masts in the distance?  That ship has sailed.

Jimmy Owen

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2011, 07:58:42 AM »
I find that the franchises are slow to come to Michigan.  My theory is that no one "passes through" Michigan to get to other states.  If you're in Michigan, it's because you're going to Michigan (or for a select few, Canada)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Twentington

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 03:46:16 PM »
You see those masts in the distance?  That ship has sailed.

You misunderestimate me. My implication was that yes, I know you don't have to have a college ID to eat at a college food court, but it's also pretty pointless to go all the way to a college just to get my Chick-Fil-A fix. I live far enough away from metro Detroit that I might as well just go to the extra hour to Toledo if I want some.
Bobby Peacock

Matt Ottinger

Celebrity Price is Right
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2011, 12:00:02 AM »
What you said was:
[quote name='Twentington']It's on a college campus though. I meant ones that non-college students can eat at.[/quote]

And then what you said was:
[quote name='Twentington']My implication was that yes, I know you don't have to have a college ID to eat at a college food court, but it's also pretty pointless to go all the way to a college just to get my Chick-Fil-A fix. [/quote]

And I for one sure don't see how anything in the first message implied anything you're suggesting it did in the second.  Also, the phrase "to go all the way to a college" makes no sense.  If you live close to it, then it's nearby.  If you don't, then it's further away.  The fact that it's a college has nothing to do with how far away it is.  It also makes no sense to me whatsoever that you would drive an extra hour just to specifically avoid a location that happened to be on a college campus.  It's exactly the same food.

I apologize to occasional readers who probably find a lot of this awfully petty, but golly this kind of stuff out of you just drives me nuts.