Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TV Game Show Vault '12  (Read 37430 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2012, 01:23:22 AM »
Ah yes, rjsbird's narc-ing on BigJon and FLASHGames. Remembered well.
And if anybody forgot you have either Chris P. or me to remind you. :)
Travis L. Eberle

golden-road

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2012, 03:04:26 AM »

Out of sheer curiosity, remind me.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2012, 03:11:52 AM »

Out of sheer curiosity, remind me.

I give you the entire thread to refer to how it started and where it really started to turn ugly.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jimmy Owen

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2012, 08:42:19 AM »
Password is one of the most searched words on the internet.  It's either Allen Ludden fans or people looking for pron.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:43:13 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Vahan_Nisanian

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2012, 10:27:35 AM »
Or it's one of the old-fashioned ways of saving your process in a video game that, at the time, looked like you couldn't beat in just one sitting.

J.R.

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
I give you the entire thread to refer to how it started and where it really started to turn ugly.
The sad thing is he was building some serious cred thanks to his ability to listen to criticisms, bug reports and suggestions and do whatever it took to please his "customers". The polar opposite of BigJon.

It is almost surreal that people went from vigorously defending him (Chris L's is especially and unusually passionate*), to making him a despised pariah thanks to a single post. On my set up, the swerve is on the same page.

*Don't take that as a slam, Chris. It's just that I've never seen you get that "worked-up" over something like that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:33:12 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »
*Don't take that as a slam, Chris. It's just that I've never seen you get that "worked-up" over something like that.
I'm assuming you're talking about the legal strongarming over the domain name. You want to get me ranting, get me talking about our farked-up legal system.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:54:08 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2012, 11:47:57 PM »
I found the Winning Streak money round completely playable. Strip out the six least used letters. I've played with three ways to score: powers-of-two, Fibonacci sequence and Scrabble-style. Everyone I know has enjoyed it to a degree.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2012, 02:11:08 AM »
Damn, I missed Jonsy's postings in that one...those were quite interesting.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Vahan_Nisanian

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2012, 02:27:04 AM »
I like the fact that Jamie's copy of that one surviving, full episode of Winning Streak, is from the original studio master, with all of the original parting gift/be right back bumpers.

That, to me, has always been part of the fun of seeing an episode of a game show (especially from the 70's and 80's) EXACTLY in its original form.

/And, if it's available, the production slate.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:43:24 AM by gameshowlover87 »

Ian Wallis

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2012, 02:13:51 PM »
Based on clips that were shown during the TOC held in the first syndicated season, the Joker's Jackpot was in place as late as Dec. 1973. Jack showed a clip of one of the 25k winners from her initial appearance and the jackpot amount was clearly illuminated on Jack's podium. Same TOC, we see another playing the bonus we are all familiar with and that was dated June 1974. That narrows it a bit.

Good catch!  It's been a long time since I've seen those '77 tournament episodes.

Based on that information, I'll try to narrow it down a bit more.  In January 1974, they had a special celebrity week, which some of us here say was a one-week try-out of the original pilot version with the stars asking the questions.  I don't think I ever saw that week so I'll have to go with what others have said.  I'm thinking the format changes of eliminating the Joker's Jackpot and the switch to the Money and Devils bonus round might have taken place immediately after that week.  If that's the case, that would place the changes in mid-January 1974.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

irismason42

TV Game Show Vault '12
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2012, 09:37:19 PM »
Based on clips that were shown during the TOC held in the first syndicated season, the Joker's Jackpot was in place as late as Dec. 1973. Jack showed a clip of one of the 25k winners from her initial appearance and the jackpot amount was clearly illuminated on Jack's podium. Same TOC, we see another playing the bonus we are all familiar with and that was dated June 1974. That narrows it a bit.

Good catch!  It's been a long time since I've seen those '77 tournament episodes.

Based on that information, I'll try to narrow it down a bit more.  In January 1974, they had a special celebrity week, which some of us here say was a one-week try-out of the original pilot version with the stars asking the questions.  I don't think I ever saw that week so I'll have to go with what others have said.  I'm thinking the format changes of eliminating the Joker's Jackpot and the switch to the Money and Devils bonus round might have taken place immediately after that week.  If that's the case, that would place the changes in mid-January 1974.
And at that point, 5 games were needed to win the car, but Ian if you can estimate a guess, I'm thinking it's the same Chevrolet car that was offered to the people who break the Joker's Jackpot is that correct?