Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Upcoming Marathons  (Read 5651 times)

SimpsonGeek

Upcoming Marathons
« on: December 01, 2003, 05:00:58 PM »
Game Show Network Spreads Yuletide Cheer With Holiday Themed Programming
Monday December 1, 8:05 am ET

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Game Show Network (GSN) is getting into the holiday spirit with festive holiday episodes of classic and original game shows on Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day.

Celebrate the holidays, heat up some apple cider and relax during the holiday madness with a dose of festive spirit, GSN-style. Stroll down memory lane with FAMILY FEUD'S Richard Dawson and MATCH GAME'S Gene Rayburn and relive the funky set decorations and polyester suits. On New Years Eve, viewers don't have to wait until midnight to see Dick Clark, they can catch him in an all day marathon of $100K PYRAMID. On New Years Day, tune in to see our LINGO marathon, featuring all original shows shot in Holland. Our special holiday schedule is as follows:

December 25 (All Times Eastern)
     12:00PM - 5:00PM    FAMILY FEUD holiday themed programming marathon

5:00PM              TO TELL THE TRUTH -- Set dressed up in holiday theme.

5:30 PM             FRIEND OR FOE? -- Set dressed up in holiday theme.

6:00PM              RUSSIAN ROULETTE -- Set decorated with snowman,
                         snowflakes, candy canes and snow!  Contestants dress
                         up too.

6:30PM              LINGO -- Set decorated in Christmas theme with
                         contestants dressed as Santa, Mrs. Claus and Elves.

7:00PM              WEAKEST LINK -- Contestants dressed up in Christmas
                         costumes.

8:00PM - 12:00AM    MATCH GAME "Merry Blank-a-Thon" -- Back -to-back
                         episodes of the popular fill-in-the-blank classic
                         series.

December 31
     9:00AM - 12:00AM    $100K PYRAMID marathon featuring tournament play.

January 1
     2:00PM - 12AM       10 hours of LINGO marathon, featuring original shows
                         shot in  Holland.

Game Show Network (GSN) is the only U.S. television network dedicated to game programming and interactive game playing. As the industry leader in interactivity, GSN features 84 hours per week of interactive original programming and enhanced classics. This interactivity allows viewers to win prizes by playing along with GSN's televised games via gameshownetwork.com . Reaching 53 million Nielsen homes, GSN is distributed in the U.S. through all major cable systems and satellite providers. The network is jointly owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment and Liberty Media Corporation.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031201/lam020_1.html

zachhoran

Upcoming Marathons
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 06:42:34 PM »
[quote name=\'SimpsonGeek\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 05:00 PM\']
     December 31
     9:00AM - 12:00AM    $100K PYRAMID marathon featuring tournament play.

January 1
     2:00PM - 12AM       10 hours of LINGO marathon, featuring original shows
                         shot in  Holland.

[/quote]
 I suspect the Pyramid marathon will be all 1987-88 season tourneys.  "original shows shot in Holland" for Lingo? Will we be treated to the actual Dutch version of the show? This doesn't sound too bad.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Upcoming Marathons
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 07:32:13 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 04:42 PM\'] "original shows shot in Holland" for Lingo? Will we be treated to the actual Dutch version of the show? This doesn't sound too bad. [/quote]
 You are fooling yourself if you think you are getting anything other than the first set of 16 or 20 or however many shows that they did in the Holland studio with US expats as contestants.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TV Favorites

Upcoming Marathons
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 07:40:59 PM »
GSN did 20 episodes of Lingo for the first season.

bwood

Upcoming Marathons
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 01:46:17 AM »
Ahhh yes, the 1st Lingo eps.

I never got these episodes on tape the 1st time(s) they showed them so I may do that this time around. It will be interesting to see these again and see how far the show has come set-wise.

Speaking of Lingo, if they keep showing new episodes twice a night, the new 65 will be gone quickly!

Jay Temple

Upcoming Marathons
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 11:25:09 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 05:42 PM\'] [quote name=\'SimpsonGeek\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 05:00 PM\']
     December 31
     9:00AM - 12:00AM    $100K PYRAMID marathon featuring tournament play.

January 1
     2:00PM - 12AM       10 hours of LINGO marathon, featuring original shows shot in  Holland.

[/quote]
I suspect the Pyramid marathon will be all 1987-88 season tourneys.  "original shows shot in Holland" for Lingo? Will we be treated to the actual Dutch version of the show? This doesn't sound too bad. [/quote]
9 a.m.- 12 a.m. is 15 hours, though I realize that at first glance it looks like three hours.  That's 30 half-hour episodes.  All the tournaments that they've run for 1987-88 might add up to 30 shows, but I doubt it.  OTOH, if they ran all 11(?) tournament wins, they'd only have to show 19 other games leading up to those wins, which would be a nice balance.  Even if they showed (a guess here) 7 tournament wins from the 1986-87 and 1987-88 seasons, they'd average 3+ non-win days per tournament, which would probably make the scheduling easy.

Anyone want to bet that for two to four hours after that, they'll rerun nothing but the wins?

Regarding "original shows shot in Holland," I too think that they mean the American shows shot on the Dutch set, though it would be cool if they showed a few clips of the Dutch version here and there.

ETA:  Funny, I would've thought they'd do something on Christmas Eve as well.  Do you suppose the last Pyramid show of the marathon will run a little over so that the win comes at exactly midnight Eastern?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 11:30:00 AM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

WhammyPower

Upcoming Marathons
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 01:50:38 PM »
But you all know how GSN is with marathons lately.  They will probably show all 20 of the season 1 episodes.

Edit: I can finally get a "clean" (w/ applause) version of Lingo theme #1...

Edit 2: I misread the article and thought it said 30 hours of Lingo.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2003, 01:45:52 PM by WhammyPower »

ChuckNet

Upcoming Marathons
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2003, 12:04:27 PM »
But you all know how GSN is with marathons lately. They will probably show all 20 of the season 1 episodes with no repeats.

That was my 1st thought...and hey, at least I'll finally be able to get the $0 bonus win on tape.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

Upcoming Marathons
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2003, 07:20:36 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Dec 5 2003, 12:04 PM\']
But you all know how GSN is with marathons lately. They will probably show all 20 of the season 1 episodes with no repeats.

That was my 1st thought...and hey, at least I'll finally be able to get the $0 bonus win on tape.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 What would a team who won nothing in the Lingo bonus round receive? Croton Watches? They don't even have a promo this season. Anyone have any ideas?

gameshowguy2000

Upcoming Marathons
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2003, 12:38:35 AM »
And to note, two of those Lingo episodes were from the 2002 Feast Of Favorites. I can't even remember which ones!