Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kudos Granola Bars to GSN  (Read 5937 times)

zachhoran

Kudos Granola Bars to GSN
« on: December 06, 2003, 10:31:35 AM »
Granola Bars, er, Kudos, to GSN for giving us full fee plugs and credit rolls, and leaving of the split screens, on more of the classic shows this week than has been the case recently.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 10:53:41 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 6 2003, 10:31 AM\'] Granola Bars, er, Kudos, to GSN for giving us full fee plugs and credit rolls, and leaving of the split screens, on more of the classic shows this week than has been the case recently. [/quote]
 On both runs of the second Lingo last night (12/6-early 12/7)--where Chuck was left with a lot of time to fill with Stacey and the contestants--GSN allowed the new theme music to play for two minutes without split-screen interruption.  That said, it sounds like the theme loops like most Score Productions themes.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 06:47:45 PM »
Many, many Kudos to GSN indeed.

Winkfan

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 05:14:05 PM »
During the last two weekends, they've left the close of Blockbusters intact. Now if only they could fix the audio during the first half of Press Your Luck....

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Kristin Johnson of the Big Board!'
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 11:14:36 AM »
During the last two weekends, they've left the close of Blockbusters intact. Now if only they could fix the audio during the first half of Press Your Luck....

Have you noticed that the audio is always fixed about three seconds before they hit the commercial?

I've always wondered if GSN actually monitors what's going out on the air.  If they are monitoring it, why do these mistakes last so long before they're corrected in most cases?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 11:44:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 09:14 AM\'] I've always wondered if GSN actually monitors what's going out on the air.  If they are monitoring it, why do these mistakes last so long before they're corrected in most cases? [/quote]
 If you saw what a Master Control operator makes, you wouldn't exactly be risking life and limb to get to the volume pots either. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 12:35:22 PM »
If you saw what a Master Control operator makes, you wouldn't exactly be risking life and limb to get to the volume pots either. :)

How low is it?

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 01:16:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 10:35 AM\']

How low is it? [/quote]
 I dunno what GSN pays, obviousy, but unless they're union, I would be utterly shocked if they were pulling down $25K a year, and I bet it's closer to $20K or less.

trainman

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 09:38:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 10:16 AM\'] I dunno what GSN pays, obviousy, but unless they're union, I would be utterly shocked if they were pulling down $25K a year, and I bet it's closer to $20K or less. [/quote]
 Is GSN master control at the Liberty Media facility in Colorado now?  If so, your figures are probably right, but if it's still in L.A., I'm almost positive their master control operators would be earning over $25K, even if they're non-union (unless they're hiring people right out of college).
trainman is a man of trains

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 04:27:48 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 01:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 10:35 AM\']

How low is it? [/quote]
I dunno what GSN pays, obviousy, but unless they're union, I would be utterly shocked if they were pulling down $25K a year, and I bet it's closer to $20K or less. [/quote]
 Hey, I worked master control from 1978-80 for a local station and though I only made $2.90 an hour, I took great pride in my work.  Loved doing the transitions from net to film chain to local VT to slide to net, then you get to sit back and watch TV for a half hour.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2003, 11:20:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 9 2003, 02:27 AM\'] Hey, I worked master control from 1978-80 for a local station and though I only made $2.90 an hour, I took great pride in my work.  Loved doing the transitions from net to film chain to local VT to slide to net, then you get to sit back and watch TV for a half hour. [/quote]
 More power to you. All I'm gonna say is, that job isn't for everybody. :)