Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Norman Blumenthal, Games Magazine contributor  (Read 2193 times)

zachhoran

Norman Blumenthal, Games Magazine contributor
« on: December 05, 2003, 08:50:49 PM »
The producer and rebus designer of old school Concentration has another "Threebus" puzzle in the January 2004 issue of Games World of Puzzles magazine. He had one in Games magazine itself in either the August or September 2003 issue as I recall. The object is to decode the first three Concentration-style rebuses, then rearrange some of the symbols in the rebuses to form another rebus.

Eddie "Chiclets" McGee

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 09:35:28 PM »
If you check out GAMES "Puzzle Solvers Crossword and Variety Challenge" for winter 2004, there is a puzzle called "Rebus Recall" that features 20 parts of a rebus which must be whittled down by answering trivia questions.  And let's just say I don't think anyone here would have problems with these trivia questions.

Ben

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 09:39:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Eddie "Chiclets" McGee\' date=\'Dec 5 2003, 09:35 PM\'] If you check out GAMES "Puzzle Solvers Crossword and Variety Challenge" for winter 2004, there is a puzzle called "Rebus Recall" that features 20 parts of a rebus which must be whittled down by answering trivia questions.  And let's just say I don't think anyone here would have problems with these trivia questions.

Ben [/quote]
 That puzzle, which originally appeared in a 1998 Games World of Puzzles issue, was written by puzzle maven/game show fan Henry Hook.

Another Games and game show connection: Steve Ryan has had a lot of published puzzles in Games over the years and worked on several GT shows(Blockbusters, Trivia Trap, Classic Concentration rebus maven) and Catch Phrase(he did the puzzles for that show too)