Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would you sell your spot on Jeopardy! for $10,000?  (Read 5417 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Would you sell your spot on Jeopardy! for $10,000?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 03:04:13 AM »
my initial reaction.
Nope, no trap. I just wanted a more interesting discussion than what your Golden Ticket game show would be.
My answer? Yes.

Interesting and scintillating, isn't it?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 12:25:20 PM »
Since I'm usually 10,000 in the minus when I'm just watching the show at home shouting answers (or questions) at the TV, I'd take the $10K.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:32:18 PM by DoorNumberFour »
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 04:07:33 PM »
not a chance in hell!

Beyond how well I do watching at home (I know, that really doesn't translate to success in the studio, but I feel I would have a great shot), being on a game show is a lifetime dream; it's all about the game.

Chief-O

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 04:34:58 PM »
I second DoorNumberFour's response.

/1000 points for the Team Fortress 2 reference
.....and it goes like this!!!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 11:26:04 PM »
Hey, the fact that I didn't include negativity, innuendo and unfunny wordplay is your deal, not mine. The one derp post aside, when a guy I respect and admire says that he would pay to play again, that is a good conversation. And there are some people who would do it, and some who wouldn't. I think that is a terrific discussion, and we need more of them.

Here's the flip side. If someone were looking to sell their spot on the show, how much would you pay for it?
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 08:15:32 AM »
Not for $10 thousand.   But for $16,500, you could buy me off.  I could stick the whole thing in a 401k at once.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 04:21:28 PM »
Hey, the fact that I didn't include negativity, innuendo and unfunny wordplay is your deal, not mine. The one derp post aside, when a guy I respect and admire says that he would pay to play again, that is a good conversation. And there are some people who would do it, and some who wouldn't. I think that is a terrific discussion, and we need more of them.

Here's the flip side. If someone were looking to sell their spot on the show, how much would you pay for it?
i'm always extremely broke, so i couldn't give a decent answer to that one.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »
My initial thought was "yes, because I'm a crappy player from home and am clearly not cut out to play any form of Jeopardy!"

But I have to agree with the "sure, go for the experience even if you finish DJ! $40 billion in the hole" crowd.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:01:19 PM by Twentington »
Bobby Peacock

J.R.

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 11:04:56 PM »
My initial thought was "yes, because I'm a crappy player from home." I'm not exactly quick on the draw, so there are several answers every day that I miss by just a couple seconds because they won't come to me in time. Or because I didn't catch onto the TOM. Or because I misread the clue. Or because it just doesn't seem like the right answer to me. (tl;dr: I'm not Jeopardy! material.)

But I have to agree with the "sure, go for the experience even if you finish DJ! $40 billion in the hole" crowd.
Man alive, are you done beating yourself up?

I'd probably turn down the $10k, for the record. The regret not seeing how I would've done would probably bother me for years.
-Joe Raygor

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 11:13:49 PM »
Man alive, are you done beating yourself up?
I'm sorry, when is admitting one's limitations "beating one's self up? Bad Raygor. No biscuit.
Travis L. Eberle

dale_grass

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 05:32:56 PM »
I'm more interested as to why he stuck a "tl;dr" right at the end of the paragraph we supposedly didn't read in the first place, instead of putting it on its own line.  But that's just me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 05:34:38 PM by dale_grass »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »
I'm more interested as to why he stuck a "tl;dr" right at the end of the paragraph we supposedly didn't read in the first place, instead of putting it on its own line.  
It's more of the whole "beating himself up" thing.  Despite repeated, specific messages to the contrary, he thinks that pointing out his flaws before we do somehow makes him seem more endearing.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

dale_grass

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »
I'm more interested as to why he stuck a "tl;dr" right at the end of the paragraph we supposedly didn't read in the first place, instead of putting it on its own line.  
It's more of the whole "beating himself up" thing.  Despite repeated, specific messages to the contrary, he thinks that pointing out his flaws before we do somehow makes him seem more endearing.
I can't yodel, fly a helicopter, or make chain saw carvings.  Also, if I was on Wheel, I'd probably end up busting off one of the pegs when I spun.  Can I have a hug now?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 06:50:58 PM »
Can I have a hug now?
Have you had all your shots?
Travis L. Eberle