Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Single day winnings record before Larson?  (Read 6243 times)

golden-road

Single day winnings record before Larson?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 07:06:40 PM »
With the definition properly narrowed like that, I would say that it would probably be either some double showcase winner and beyond on Price, or if a mega jackpot was won by a first-time champ on Password Plus late in the Kennedy run. (What WAS their highest progressive win, anyway?)

$35,000.

narzo

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 07:23:25 PM »
I'm going to cast my lot with one-day winners on Dream House, not that I know of anyone who won on day one or what their final take was.

According to Matt Sittel's page, at least one couple achieved that feat - but the total is not provided on the page. Those with his megamix (my copy is back east) might have that answer.

-Jason

There were two, one more couple did it in the last month of the show and took home about 90k for their one day, I would have to dig out the video tape to verify the total exactly

DJDustman

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 07:48:18 PM »
There was a tournament for daytime $ale of the Century in 1983. The winner left with almost $250,000.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 07:52:15 PM »
Having played the semi-final and then the final week, right?
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »
With the definition properly narrowed like that,
For some definitions of "properly", maybe.

/I hold the world record on Fruit Ninja Kinect
//among people in Redmond
///who live on the first floor of the "B" building of my apartment complex
////in units adjacent to the elevator
/////and are me.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:58:06 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »
Don't worry about the "record" business; that's only of interest to wonks like us.
Not to mention that not even us wonks appear to have the answer.

mcsittel

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 08:19:15 PM »
For the record, there were multiple 1st day winners on Dream House, at least 4 I'm sure of and a couple more I am reasonably sure were first day wins.  If I recall right, the 6th couple, Susan and Lee Nelson (combination 916) were the 1st to do so on day 1... 8th couple was the 2nd to do it (Dawn and Marty, 786), because when they did Bob noted only one had done so before them.  Highest 1-day win was over $100K, Susan and Lee were only $91K and Dawn and Marty were something like $104K.  I am going on 28-year-old memories but they are surprisingly clear given how obsessed I was with the show back then!

Useless trivia: it took until the 4th house win to get someone to pick the right combination.  First three couples won the 'in a row' way, which I *think* was 7 games initially, then was 5, then 6 during the run.