Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud question  (Read 13086 times)

nicole444

Feud question
« on: September 05, 2011, 08:18:09 PM »
Probably a dumb question, but has anyone seen previews or a taping of this season's Family Feud?  If so, are they going back to the Party Theme, or the theme they used at the beginning of John O'Hurley's era?  I hope not.  I saw an ad on I guess the new station Feud will be aired on here, and it used that theme during the commercial.  I still hope they continue to use the classic theme.  But if anyone knows that can post the answer, it would be appreciated.  I know, I know, it will be on next week, but wanted to know before.

chad1m

Feud question
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 05:17:30 PM »
This clip seems to suggest we're sticking with the '88 theme. (During a survey they had about possible changes coming, like moving to three rounds, I suggested the '94 theme or a modern remake of the song. But it looks like they want to stick with as much familiarity as possible.)

nicole444

Feud question
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »
This clip seems to suggest we're sticking with the '88 theme. (During a survey they had about possible changes coming, like moving to three rounds, I suggested the '94 theme or a modern remake of the song. But it looks like they want to stick with as much familiarity as possible.)
Oh good.  I hated the party theme.  I like the 88 theme, but if it were changed that's fine, just as long as it's similar to the 77, 88, 94 theme.  Like I said, I hated the 99-06 themes as they just didn't seem like the Feud to me.  Thanks for answering my question.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Feud question
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:56:30 PM »
My first thought on a three question game is that I'm piggish for as much content as I can get, and there's already too much stretching and nonsense and straightening of ties and overreacting to answers. But then I watched a couple of episodes over vacation and the questions were either lame, dumb or offensive, and so I suppose having only three lousy questions instead of four or five would be an improvement.

Would it be so hard to have the game be three singles a double and a triple? Or does the production company want to minimize the risk of the game ending earlier or later than the fourth question down to zero?
Travis L. Eberle

JMFabiano

Feud question
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »
Anyone who's been to the tapings, have they really changed the number of questions?  Anything new or different?  

Hopefully they don't go to three questions (they might as well bring back Bullseye, then).  I can understand it, in that they'd want to allow for more banter and wacky antics...which are appreciated by me.  But the game should be the biggest star of the show.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Jeremy Nelson

Feud question
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 03:04:29 AM »
My first thought on a three question game is that I'm piggish for as much content as I can get, and there's already too much stretching and nonsense and straightening of ties and overreacting to answers. But then I watched a couple of episodes over vacation and the questions were either lame, dumb or offensive, and so I suppose having only three lousy questions instead of four or five would be an improvement.

Would it be so hard to have the game be three singles a double and a triple? Or does the production company want to minimize the risk of the game ending earlier or later than the fourth question down to zero?
Feud, for the most part, has had lousy questions since they started back up in 99. Not all the time, but it always seems like they're trying to ask a basic question "with pizazz". Instead of asking for what a clown wears, they have to ask for something a clown takes off before he has sex...totally unnecessary, but hey, I guess that's what they feel they have to do to keep the game fresh.

As far as the number of rounds, I thought they had already gotten it down to where the game always ends after 4, barring Sudden Death. My big gripe with the game is that it can never end after 3, even when a deserving family clears just about everything available up to that point.I would love to see a s-s-d-d-t to keep a family from sitting like a log until the Triple Round, but consider this: Steve is gonna tell his jokes and do whatever else. Feud hit highs this year in syndication, and all of their YouTube clips get a good number of hits; they're going to let Steve do exactly what he wants to keep him happy and keep those ratings up.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JMFabiano

Feud question
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 10:29:46 PM »

Feud, for the most part, has had lousy questions since they started back up in 99. Not all the time, but it always seems like they're trying to ask a basic question "with pizazz". Instead of asking for what a clown wears, they have to ask for something a clown takes off before he has sex...totally unnecessary, but hey, I guess that's what they feel they have to do to keep the game fresh.

As far as the number of rounds, I thought they had already gotten it down to where the game always ends after 4, barring Sudden Death. My big gripe with the game is that it can never end after 3, even when a deserving family clears just about everything available up to that point.I would love to see a s-s-d-d-t to keep a family from sitting like a log until the Triple Round, but consider this: Steve is gonna tell his jokes and do whatever else. Feud hit highs this year in syndication, and all of their YouTube clips get a good number of hits; they're going to let Steve do exactly what he wants to keep him happy and keep those ratings up.

Seems to be Fremantle Strategy as of late...hire a comedian to host, then try to make the show into a comedy show as much as possible to adjust to his style.  Sometimes it works better than other times.

Five rounds is never going to happen again, not with not only wanting to preserve Steve's schtick, but also ad time which crippled the show format all along in that regard.  

BTW, from some comments here, it seems that GSF is the bizarro version of Buzzerblog as far as enthusiasm for Harvey FF goes.  Am I right?  (In that BB is super happy about the show now, while GSF is not so much)

And I still want to know, is the rule change in place for the new season, or was this just hypothetical?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:33:36 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Feud question
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 10:39:22 PM »
BTW, from some comments here, it seems that GSF is the bizarro version of Buzzerblog as far as enthusiasm for Harvey FF goes.  Am I right?  (In that BB is super happy about the show now, while GSF is not so much)
I don't know, but if they were to ask sane questions and actually play several rounds I'd watch more closely. Steve's a great comedian and you play to the strengths of your host, but there's still a game to be played there.

Come to think of it, I think the solution to a game that ends in three questions is an easy one: a family that does that gets to play Fast Money twice.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feud question
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »
a family that does that gets to play Fast Money twice.
Likes the cut of your jib.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Fedya

Feud question
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 08:28:30 AM »
And here I expected Chris Lemon's link to be to this person.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Mr. Armadillo

Feud question
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 02:40:31 PM »
Or does the production company want to minimize the risk of the game ending earlier or later than the fourth question down to zero?
They already do.  The third question is never worth more than (300-leading family's score) points.

clemon79

Feud question
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 02:46:29 PM »
Or does the production company want to minimize the risk of the game ending earlier or later than the fourth question down to zero?
They already do.  The third question is never worth more than (300-leading family's score) points.
But if the format is SSDTT, if one family sweeps the first three questions, they should be well over 300, yes?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Feud question
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 02:49:29 PM »
But if the format is SSDTT, if one family sweeps the first three questions, they should be well over 300, yes?

Should be?  Yes.  Possible they wouldn't be?  Definitely.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Feud question
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
He's saying that if one family scoops 200 points in the first two, that question three will have at most 98 points on the board.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

Feud question
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 02:59:02 PM »
He's saying that if one family scoops 200 points in the first two, that question three will have at most 98 points on the board.
Right, but are the dollar values not doubled for the third question?