Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Art James  (Read 12433 times)

joeken2

Art James
« on: June 23, 2003, 02:54:35 AM »
Does anyone know if the GSN owns any Art James show? I have not seen any of his shows on GSN and I was wondering if they have any

zachhoran

Art James
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 09:49:33 AM »
They have whatever episodes of Art's debut as a host, GT's Say When, exist, and that ain't more than a couple. They have shown shows where Art pinch hitted for another announcer(TTD c. 1980, Feud c. 1991). It was reported a couple months back that the only shows of his whose tapes are survived are Catch Phrase and Super Pay Cards. Matches N Mates and the original Pay Cards were also syndicated, so there's an outside chance those could have survived somewhere.

Winkfan

Art James
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 08:15:10 PM »
GSN has aired Art's appearence on the To Tell the Truth panel from 1963 a couple or so months back. And that's about as close as we AJ fans are ever gonna get to seeing his face on GSN!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Kathy Mitchell of the Big Board!'
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Matt Ottinger

Art James
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 08:51:25 PM »
According to my records (God, I do so love record-keeping!), the only other time Art James was even HEARD on GSN was as one of the announcers in their Tic Tac Dough marathon of Thom McKee shows.

Art was also an announcer for many of the Sports Challenge episodes that were (are?) airing in the mornings on ESPN Classic.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

Art James
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 08:56:28 PM »
Art was heard on GSN in the last month or two sub-announcing for Gene Wood on a week(?) of 1991 episodes of CBS Feud.