Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting Find  (Read 2822 times)

14gameshows

Interesting Find
« on: August 11, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »
I stumbled across this website www.cbstelevisioncity.com and they have a listing of every tv show that has been recorded at the famed facilities and it's broken down by month and date going all the way back to the inception and while looking at the October and November 2000 list, it shows COMBO TIC TAC DOUGH & $100K PYRAMID taped at Studio 36.

Does anyone have any information on this? Were these pilots that never got picked up??

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Interesting Find
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »

BrandonFG

Interesting Find
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »
I stumbled across this website www.cbstelevisioncity.com and they have a listing of every tv show that has been recorded at the famed facilities and it's broken down by month and date going all the way back to the inception and while looking at the October and November 2000 list, it shows COMBO TIC TAC DOUGH & $100K PYRAMID taped at Studio 36.

Does anyone have any information on this? Were these pilots that never got picked up??
They were pilots...$100K Pyramid became what we call Donnymid. It was supposed to premiere in September 2001, but got pushed back a year. Right around that time they also shot the pilot for a $1 Million version that would've aired in primetime on NBC. Of course, it never came to fruition.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Vahan_Nisanian

Interesting Find
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:27:56 PM »

They were pilots...$100K Pyramid became what we call Donnymid. It was supposed to premiere in September 2001, but got pushed back a year. Right around that time they also shot the pilot for a $1 Million version that would've aired in primetime on NBC. Of course, it never came to fruition.

I heard that the original Donnymid pilots resembled both the 1980s CBS Daytime and Syndicated versions far more than the actual series did. Oh, if only Donnymid had actually gone down that route!

bricon

Interesting Find
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 12:05:12 AM »
I heard that the original Donnymid pilots resembled both the 1980s CBS Daytime and Syndicated versions far more than the actual series did. Oh, if only Donnymid had actually gone down that route!

The Donny pilot set was basically the same as the series set.  No resemblance to the '80's version to speak of.

Vahan_Nisanian

Interesting Find
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 12:14:18 AM »

The Donny pilot set was basically the same as the series set.  No resemblance to the '80's version to speak of.

I meant the format, not the set.

golden-road

Interesting Find
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 12:16:53 AM »

The basic structure was the classic game, but there were no bonuses except for $500 awarded for every 7/7. In the WC, first trip was worth $10K, plus $5,000 for each subsequent trip up to $30K. I think the idea was you could stay until winning all five WC's, or until defeated. That's what I got from the late Randy Amasia's report.

BrandonFG

Interesting Find
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 06:45:02 AM »
Honestly, as many problems as I had with the show, I'll at least give them credit for staying faithful for the most part, esp. compared to the Mark Walberg/Chuck Woolery pilots. The only big difference was 6-in-20, as opposed to the 7-in-30. It was the execution (writing, judging, the anti-climactic tournaments) I had problems with.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!