Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: G4 American Ninja Warrior  (Read 1620 times)

catkins522

G4 American Ninja Warrior
« on: August 15, 2011, 04:18:16 AM »
Is it me or they stole the images from Nick's Hidden Temple???  ANW has White Tigers, Blue Monkeys, and Red Dragons teams.  It's not a way to get money from one production company to another one, just bad taste.

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:09:40 PM »
It's not a way to get money from one production company to another one, just bad taste.
You had me until I wtf'd right here.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rjaguar3

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »
Yes, and also Stone-Stanley Productions funneled money from Viacom when they named one of the teams the "Blue Barracudas" even though a team on Double Dare used that same name in a 1989 episode.</sarcasm>

And no, I have no idea what point the original poster was trying to make.  The (assumed) assertion that anyone who uses a name consisting of a color plus an animal is infringing on David Stanley's intellectual property seems to have no basis in law.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Speedy G

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:08:14 PM »
Is it me or they stole the images from Nick's Hidden Temple???  ANW has White Tigers, Blue Monkeys, and Red Dragons teams.  It's not a way to get money from one production company to another one, just bad taste.

Charles Atkins
Actually, Sigfried and Roy have a patent on White Tigers.  Stone/Stanley or whatever you call yourself nowadays, you'd better watch out.

/whiskey tango foxtrot.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*