Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN checks in at Marriott  (Read 6131 times)

DrBear

GSN checks in at Marriott
« on: December 03, 2003, 01:51:24 PM »
From Yahoo News:

Press Release   Source: Game Show Network

Evan Marriott Signs on as Host of Game Show Network's First Weekly Relationship Series 'FAKE-A-DATE'
Wednesday December 3, 12:29 pm ET
Two Singles Simultaneously Compete for the Affection of the Contestant in Hopes of Winning a Luxury Vacation for Two - But One of Them Has a Secret

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Evan Marriott, the star of one of television's highest-rated entertainment programs ever, "Joe Millionaire," has signed up for his first TV series hosting duty on Game Show Network's (GSN) debut relationship game, FAKE-A-DATE. FAKE-A-DATE, premiering in March, features one lucky contestant paired up with two singles of the opposite sex. At the end of the dual date, the contestant must choose between the dates. The catch? One of the singles is truly looking for love, while the other one is a pretender out to win a luxury trip with their real significant other.

The honest single will have pre-chosen the contestant as someone who could be their soul mate, while the other "single" has no interest in romance with the contestant. However, the sparks fly as the pretender tries to generate some heat with the contestant in order to be chosen at the date's end. If the contestant makes the wrong choice, the pretender wins the luxury vacation to use with their significant other; but if the contestant chooses wisely, he/she will join the honest single on a grand prize vacation.

As host of FAKE-A-DATE, Marriott will offer advice and act as a confidante to the participants and interview the contestant regarding the big decision -- to pick the sincere single or go home empty-handed.

"Evan Marriott is the perfect person to host FAKE-A-DATE. On 'Joe Millionaire' he had to keep a major secret and now he can guide our viewers as they try to decide which of our contestants is hiding the truth," said Rich Cronin, President and CEO of GSN in making the announcement.

"I am thrilled to be hosting FAKE-A-DATE which takes a completely fresh approach to dating shows. I can certainly empathize with what the contestants are feeling, especially when it comes time for the ultimate choice," reflected Marriot on his new hosting role. "It will be fun to participate on a TV show where I get to watch other people struggle to keep a secret."

FAKE-A-DATE's contestant will spend an entire day on simultaneous dates with the singles. The dates will be adventurous, provocative and romantic. The dates will take a twist midstream as, unknown to the daters, the significant other of the attached single will randomly appear during the day. Perhaps as a valet, model, waitress, hostess -- the contestant and the dates will be surprised. The significant other also will make a second appearance at the end of the episode to plant a kiss on the cheek of the dishonest date to reveal their identity after the contestant has made a decision.

Since rocketing to fame as "Joe Millionaire," Marriott has been busy working on the silver screen as well as additional television series. He most recently completed work on the independent film "End of All Things," as well as "Raising Helen," a film directed by Garry Marshall and starring Kate Hudson. He also finished filming a lead role in the independent film "Miss Cast Away." Marriott appeared on the TV original movie "See Jane Date," Mariah Carey's music video 'Bringin' on the Heartbreak,' and guest-starred onthe season premiere of "Charmed."

FAKE-A-DATE is a Montana Productions series, executive produced by Paul Buccieri, Jenny Daly and Tim Puntillo.

Game Show Network (GSN) is the only U.S. television network yada yada yada....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 01:52:11 PM by DrBear »
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

WhammyPower

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 01:59:46 PM »
Are they millionaire dates?  :-P

Starkman

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 08:56:30 PM »
actually, this sounds like Lmad with people, this at least has a chance of catching on (unlike funny money which was just plain inane) I mean, its mean but not as bad as Change of Heart which lasted 4 years in syndie. Its inane but not as inane as Elimindate or Ship (er i mean sh!t) mates both of which still stand somehow. And its sleezy but not as sleezy as 3s a crowd and we know GSN loves that show so much they revieved that PSO. However I wouldnt have chosen marriot, I think it builds up the fake too much rather than what I think would be more intresting, the decision. I would have picked a regualr game show host (I would have chosen Bullard based on his LC98 exprience) this guy i dunno, I think he would be a little too odd for my taste. although if they are gonna go mean and sleezy how bout some really rough zonks and do the whole springer treatment (Married, gay/lesbian etc) rather than a repetitive oh ill just run off with my BF or yes i really do love ya.

whampyl03

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 09:40:35 PM »
Well, as upsetting as this is to me, (Let me remind you, I hate relationship shows WITH A FIERY, SCREAMING PASSION!) I will say that at least it sounds like there's an actual game to it.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 10:15:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Starkman\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 06:56 PM\'] actually, this sounds like Lmad with people, this at least has a chance of catching on (unlike funny money which was just plain inane) I mean, its mean but not as bad as Change of Heart which lasted 4 years in syndie. Its inane but not as inane as Elimindate or Ship (er i mean sh!t) mates both of which still stand somehow. And its sleezy but not as sleezy as 3s a crowd and we know GSN loves that show so much they revieved that PSO. However I wouldnt have chosen marriot, I think it builds up the fake too much rather than what I think would be more intresting, the decision. I would have picked a regualr game show host (I would have chosen Bullard based on his LC98 exprience) this guy i dunno, I think he would be a little too odd for my taste. although if they are gonna go mean and sleezy how bout some really rough zonks and do the whole springer treatment (Married, gay/lesbian etc) rather than a repetitive oh ill just run off with my BF or yes i really do love ya. [/quote]
 Wow.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Speedy G

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 12:24:57 AM »
After reading ALL of that, I think there's only one appropriate response (and I've never seen anything else this inane here that deserves it, unlike other forums):

Best.  Thread.  Ever.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

HYHYBT

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 03:52:05 AM »
This show sounds like it might actually be good. Depending on how they do it, of course.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Don Howard

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2003, 07:17:03 AM »
This is their major announcement, eh?
At this time, I have a major announcement of my own.
Earlier this morning, I went to the bathroom without help.

whewfan

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 04:56:23 PM »
Evan Marriott hosting a game show... WHAT'S NEXT?!.... Jerry O'Connell in a GOOD MOVIE?!

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 05:16:13 PM »
Evan Marriott hosting a game show... WHAT'S NEXT?!.... Jerry O'Connell in a GOOD MOVIE?!

Kangaroo Jack wasn't good enough for you?

Perhaps I shouldn't joke about a movie I haven't seen...

Speedy G

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 06:13:13 PM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 05:16 PM\']

Kangaroo Jack wasn't good enough for you?

Perhaps I shouldn't joke about a movie I haven't seen...[/quote]
Why not?  Everybody jokes about Gigli. =D
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2003, 06:26:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Speedy G\' date=\'Dec 8 2003, 04:13 PM\'] Why not?  Everybody jokes about Gigli. =D [/quote]
 And nobody voted for Richard Nixon, either. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe