Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you could pick one show, and only one show  (Read 18352 times)

WhirlieBird74

If you could pick one show, and only one show
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
I'd go with 'The Joker's Wild' as well.  I'd like to see the episodes beyond Mar. 1973, when GSN pulled it from the Sunday night at 11:30pm schedule years ago.  I'd also would like to see the remainder of the 1978 $100,000 Tournament which was also abruptly replaced with the CBS episodes.  I miss Jack Barry's corny jokes.  My all-time favorite joke he told was when he interviewed a female contestant who was a camera salesman.

Jack:  "You sell cameras?  A long time ago, I used to date a woman who sold cameras, but never quite developed."  (audience moans)  "I shutter to think about it to this day." (audience moans louder)

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2011, 04:19:52 PM »
Rock and Roll Jeopardy. I assume that "music rights issues" mean we'll probably never see it again.  :(

-M

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2011, 06:22:07 PM »
Rock and Roll Jeopardy. I assume that "music rights issues" mean we'll probably never see it again.  :(
I may be way off here, but for some reason, I don't particularly remember there being a crazy number of audio clips used on the show.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »
Given the economics of it all, Matt, "one" is a crazy number when it comes to DVD distribution. Any reason it would be different here?  I'm not privy to how things like sample length would affect licensing, so I am curious.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."