Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you could pick one show, and only one show  (Read 18359 times)

Johnissoevil

If you could pick one show, and only one show
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 12:50:37 AM »
I'd go with Wheel, but this time, the daytime episodes.  We probably wouldn't see many, if any, Woolery episodes, and Rolf's run would be a slim chance considering how he feels about his run on the show (Sorry, Mr. Raygor).  But having just Sajak and/or Goen would be better than nothing at all.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:50:52 AM by Johnissoevil »
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 02:09:47 AM »
Rafferty Card Sharks. Enjoyed seeing the episodes again when they were on weekdays.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:10:26 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
GONG.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tvmitch

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »
If you're just asking for one, TJW syndie run, 1977-1986. But TTD would be a close second.

At one point I thought I remembered (could be totally wrong) reading that Sony owns the rights to these shows. What a great addition to the daytime lineup these would be. I digress.
You should follow me on Twitter

William_S.

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 05:00:23 AM »
I'll go with tvmitch and choose The Joker's wild. Any era that GSN has shown. I'll be happy!!
One of the reason I wanted the channel in the first place!!

William A. Padron

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 10:33:24 AM »
Gotta go with "$20,000 Pyramid." In addition to the fact that most of us probably missed the six months' worth that GSN showed 14 years ago, there's still another year and a half out there that I'm sure many of us would love to see for the first time -- or for the first time in over 30 years.

Brendan

Me, too!  The $20,000 Pyramid, for the same reason as Brendan's posting.
[Take The "A" Train]

vexer6

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 05:41:22 PM »
I'll go with Twenty-One, truly underrated show, it's a shame NBC didn't treat it very well(they didn't even bother to advertise the final episode).

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 06:21:04 PM »
truly underrated show
It would help your case around here a lot if you could come up with another adjective.  Not every short-lived show that you happened to like needs to be described as "underrated".
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Fedya

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 09:41:40 PM »
Considering that all the questinos were multiple choice (at least, all the ones I saw, which I found an immediate turn-off), I'd say the revival of Twenty-One is overrated.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 10:51:09 PM »
I'd go with Wheel, but this time, the daytime episodes.  We probably wouldn't see many, if any, Woolery episodes, and Rolf's run would be a slim chance considering how he feels about his run on the show (Sorry, Mr. Raygor).  But having just Sajak and/or Goen would be better than nothing at all.

I thought it was just a myth that Rolf hated his Wheel tenure.

I would have to go with Wheel too. I've heard about several interesting things (e.g. a contestant who solved the bonus puzzle BABY BOY with no letters showing, two categories in 1995-1996 that were only used once, etc.) that I would love to see firsthand.
Bobby Peacock

vexer6

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 11:47:27 PM »
truly underrated show
It would help your case around here a lot if you could come up with another adjective.  Not every short-lived show that you happened to like needs to be described as "underrated".
Ok then, how about underappreciated?  I'd also like to see "Dog Eat Dog" return.  

Paul D:Good news! Combs Family Feud IS in fact returning to GSN, not sure when exactly, but it's happening!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »
truly underrated show
Ok then, how about underappreciated?
<sigh>

Honestly trying to help here, how about "a show I liked more than most people did"?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »
Combs Family Feud IS in fact returning to GSN, not sure when exactly, but it's happening!

Just like I'm sure politicians will stop acting like a bunch of three year olds. Not sure when, exactly, but it's happening!

Seriously, though, on what basis do you claim this?  Are you privy to some sort of scheduling information the general population is unaware of? Does a credible news source report this? Did your bowling buddy's third cousin Elmo have a few drinks with a GSN executive?  Source, please.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 01:33:34 PM »
Gee, thanks vexer6, for ruining this thread! Everything was going good, until you showed!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
Gee, thanks vexer6, for ruining this thread! Everything was going good, until you showed!
Really?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe