Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Big" news coming today...  (Read 10189 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
"Big" news coming today...
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2003, 12:14:29 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 09:55 AM\'] What do you get if you didn't even know it was still on? ;-) [/quote]
 The satisfaction of knowing you have a life outside of television. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2003, 05:51:17 PM »
And people thought this was TPIR?

(Bows head, closes eyes, and shakes head)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2003, 05:55:46 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 06:51 PM\'] And people thought this was TPIR?

(Bows head, closes eyes, and shakes head) [/quote]
 Well, they sure teased it well, I have to give them that....

The big announcement must have been that they signed Marriott [ick]

snowpeck

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2003, 06:27:26 PM »
More than likely, the big announcement has not yet been made.  Prof. Steve's source saying that the announcement would be made yesterday must have been wrong.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

catnap1972

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2003, 06:42:00 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 10:07 PM\'] GSN may also be looking at a network name change to coincide with its brand expansion plans; more on that in first qtr 2004.
 [/quote]
 Yet everyone poo poo'ed me off when I suggested that they might be considering it.

(insert rolls eyes smiley here)

TV Favorites

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2003, 09:02:45 PM »
Soneone on the GSN boards said they emailed the Prof. and he said that the announcement hasn't been made yet and that he knows no more about it than we do.

daveromanjr

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2003, 09:15:33 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 09:02 PM\'] Soneone on the GSN boards said they emailed the Prof. and he said that the announcement hasn't been made yet and that he knows no more about it than we do. [/quote]
 I'm just gonna lay back and wait until the news is released (I had checked a couple times during the day when I read that it was going to be announced Wednesday).

Besides, I should really be studying for finals.  Plus it won't get my hopes up if it isn't something truly "big".

I wonder if perhaps Boden said there was a "big" announcement before the releases on the Greek games and the dating series so that the people at the GSN boards wouldn't go wild.  I mean if there wasn't this big announcement to tide them over (I post there too so I'm in that crowd) a LOT of people would have probably flipped out with the two non-classic announcements.

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2003, 12:09:04 AM »
Yet everyone poo poo'ed me off when I suggested that they might be considering it.

They've only been considering it since Fleming was in office...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2003, 09:52:47 AM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 07:42 PM\'] [quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 10:07 PM\'] GSN may also be looking at a network name change to coincide with its brand expansion plans; more on that in first qtr 2004.
 [/quote]

(insert rolls eyes smiley here) [/quote]
 Exactly how many people criticized you over this name change issue?  One?  Two?  Because I'm not finding ANY, and you said "everyone".  I'm not sure where this persecution complex comes from, but in the meantime, keep your "rolls eyes smileys" to yourself.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2003, 11:42:18 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 05:55 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 06:51 PM\'] And people thought this was TPIR?

(Bows head, closes eyes, and shakes head) [/quote]
Well, they sure teased it well, I have to give them that....

The big announcement must have been that they signed Marriott [ick] [/quote]
 No, they didn't tease it at all.
We teased it.
--Mark
Phil 4:13