Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would you be willing to sacrafice...  (Read 8395 times)

zachhoran

Would you be willing to sacrafice...
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2003, 09:44:17 PM »
[quote name=\'curtking\' date=\'Dec 3 2003, 09:40 PM\']
If GSN ran Pyramid, the originals, and Grundy, that would be just fine with me.

Question: What else does the Grundy library include besides SotC and Scrabble? (Dream House and Scattergories come to mind, but I may be wrong.)

[/quote]
 Scattergories, Hot Streak, Time Machine, and SMall Talk are the other aired Grundy series. Party Line(which did eventually become Hot Streak) and Run for the Money were unsold US Grundy pilots. GSN has Small Talk as it was acquired along with other Family Channel shows of the same era(Baby Races, Wild Animal Games, Shopping SPree, Wait till You have Kids, It Takes Two, etc.). Dream House was Don Reid Productions(College Bowl). The 1983-84 version was done in association with Lorimar(later in the run)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2003, 09:00:41 AM »
To me its an issue of what would be left not what youd give up. They'd have enough classics left without G-T (B+E plus gaining the grundys) when added up with shelling out for more Whammy!, RR, and Lingo would make the trade work, but without proper managment, it would just be another dark period.

Even though I didn't mind "theDark Period" -- because it gave us a chance to see some of the "other stuff" for a while, and I figured it would be short-lived -- it still could have been handled a lot better.

For example, running "Three's a Crowd" twice within two hours;  airing episodes of "Dating Game" and "Newlywed Game" that were just seen in syndication;  airing shows that many people have said they liked ("Break the Bank" for example) only once a week; etc. were things that annoyed me about it.  Then again, I've never really been a fan of the way GSN programs the network, especially their heavy use of reruns, and using weekends to just repeat what was aired during the week.

If I was in charge of it I would have used the library more - for example, syndicated episodes of "Dating Game", which have never regularly been seen; shows like "Bullseye" at least on weekends, etc.

If a similar thing were to happen now it would be a lot different.  First off, they have access to many more non-GT shows now than they did then - PYL, LMAD, WWTBAM, etc.  Also, they'd probably keep their originals on the schedule givng it more variety.

This possible name change thing in 2004 scares me a little.  It makes me think they won't even make their 10th anniversary the way they are now.  Remember that earlier thread about "GSN R.I.P"?  Maybe that hit the nail on the head...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2003, 11:36:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 4 2003, 07:00 AM\'] This possible name change thing in 2004 scares me a little.  It makes me think they won't even make their 10th anniversary the way they are now. [/quote]
 They probably won't. If that truly scares you, I suggest getting out and breathing some fresh air, because the alteration of a television channel should not be a life-changing event.

There was life before GSN. There will be life after GSN.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe