Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Betty White's Pet Set on DVD  (Read 2174 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Betty White's Pet Set on DVD
« on: February 23, 2021, 06:08:16 PM »
Betty's series from almost 50 years was released on DVD today.  My copy arrived about a half an hour ago.  Game show-relevant guests include Bob Barker, Peter Marshall, and Merv Griffin.

There is a DVD dedicated just to extras.  Included is an hour and a half extra titled Betty White: Game Show Goddess.  There is little information about her career.  It is 97% game show goodies--Allen Ludden and Betty's appearance as WML Mystery Guests in 1965, Betty on TPiR in February 1964, a Make the Connection episode hosted by Jim McKay from 1955, and, if you missed the crowdsourcing event from last summer, the 1975 episode of Password hosted by Betty.  The other 3% is under 2 minutes talking about Betty's game show legacy.  (Before anybody asks, the quality of the Password episode is the same as the version we got from the crowdsourcing.)

snowpeck

Re: Betty White's Pet Set on DVD
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 06:56:25 PM »
Is the Cullen Price episode the full show or just clips?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 07:35:59 PM »
Is the Cullen Price episode the full show or just clips?
Full show.  The WML is just the Mystery Guest segment, the other three titles are complete episodes.

Bryce L.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 04:58:08 PM »
Just received my copy today. And if I didn't know better, I'd swear someone sat on the package during shipping, since the case/packaging is broken in so many places that I'm getting ready to find some spare jewel cases for the discs. Totally unacceptable handling by USPS.

JMFabiano

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 02:56:47 PM »
ABC PASSWORD IS THERE????

I can't put it on my Amazon wish list enough times.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 02:42:32 PM »
So I got the set for my birthday and naturally went right to the ABC Password episode. 

Of interest: John Harlan in the end credits still calls the show "Password All-Stars." 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 03:48:50 PM »
To clarify is this the ABC episode that recently turned up in the e-bay auction with Betty hosting?

Bryce L.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 03:55:08 PM »
To clarify is this the ABC episode that recently turned up in the e-bay auction with Betty hosting?
If the celebrity players were Allen and Paul Williams, then yes.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2021, 03:58:54 PM »
Thanks.      That explains then why the kinescope turned up on e-bay in the first place.   After they did the transfer work for that set, they no longer needed it.