Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Four years ago today......  (Read 6961 times)

zachhoran

Four years ago today......
« on: November 29, 2003, 07:31:35 AM »
.......... "Mr. Match Game" Gene Rayburn passed away at age 81.

Winkfan

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 06:49:05 PM »
I don't have anything,
Since I don't have you.*

I hope Geno is reading this.....somewhere.....

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Sandra Douglas of the Big Board!'

(*With apologies to the Skyliners.)
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

That Don Guy

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 07:21:56 PM »
Assuming it's true that he left instructions in his will that his estate never allow the airing of his version of Break the Bank, is there any sort of time limit after which they can be aired, or is it possible to require that this condition be maintained in perpetuity?

-- Don

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 07:47:02 PM »
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' date=\'Nov 29 2003, 07:21 PM\'] Assuming it's true that he left instructions in his will that his estate never allow the airing of his version of Break the Bank, is there any sort of time limit after which they can be aired, or is it possible to require that this condition be maintained in perpetuity?

-- Don [/quote]
 I'm betting the episodes of BtB85 may be missing by now, so Rayburn's estates won't have anything to worry about. And of course, what network is going to buy rights to reruns of a forgotten 18 year old show?

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 08:04:09 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 29 2003, 08:47 PM\'] [quote name=\'That Don Guy\' date=\'Nov 29 2003, 07:21 PM\'] Assuming it's true that he left instructions in his will that his estate never allow the airing of his version of Break the Bank, is there any sort of time limit after which they can be aired, or is it possible to require that this condition be maintained in perpetuity?

-- Don [/quote]
I'm betting the episodes of BtB85 may be missing by now, so Rayburn's estates won't have anything to worry about. And of course, what network is going to buy rights to reruns of a forgotten 18 year old show? [/quote]
 I thought he had signed a contract w/ Kline and Friends when he was fired saying they'd never air again, myself.....

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 09:00:03 AM »
Assuming it's true that he left instructions in his will that his estate never allow the airing of his version of Break the Bank, is there any sort of time limit after which they can be aired, or is it possible to require that this condition be maintained in perpetuity?

I've wondered about that sort of thing myself.  I guess that could apply to a lot of GSN's shows which they haven't aired over the years because the celebrity refused to sign the waiver.

I'm guessing that if a celebrity refuses to sign, that show can probably NEVER be seen again - even after the celebrity dies.

Does anyone know if I'm right?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Little Big Brother

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 09:54:48 AM »
I'm guessing that if a celebrity refuses to sign, that show can probably NEVER be seen again - even after the celebrity dies.

Does anyone know if I'm right?

I think the estate/heirs of the celebrity would still be able to sign the waiver.  Who knows, maybe down the line we'll see Gene Rayburn playing Match Game with a Hoover Upright (God Forbid).

tommycharles

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 12:17:03 PM »
That makes perfect sense. Let's think of all kinds of ways that we, game show fans, can benefit from a guys death by overruling his requests. Sheer brilliance.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 01:50:04 PM »
Meanwhile, Joe Farago is sitting at home hoping someday, somebody, anybody will show his BTB episodes again.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

J.R.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2003, 09:58:11 PM »
Hey, maybe Gene banned BtB 85 for a reason ? I heard the show was terrible with poor ratings and I think we all know about the struggles he had with the producer (Yet, I'm going to be receaving an ep of it soon) I'm sure Gene wouldn't of banned MG/HS Hour if he had a better co-host (But thats another topic).

Gene, we'll always miss you. I heard a rather snazzy dresser is comming up to join you in the MG Panel in the sky.

-Joe R.
(PS: This got me thinking. If the producer of BtB wanted a direct, humorless host. Why did he pick the funniest, goofiest guy in the business ? I mean that in a positive way too.)
-Joe Raygor

DrJWJustice

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2003, 02:39:59 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 29 2003, 07:47 PM\'] I'm betting the episodes of BtB85 may be missing by now, so Rayburn's estates won't have anything to worry about. And of course, what network is going to buy rights to reruns of a forgotten 18 year old show? [/quote]
 Forgotten and very much forgettable.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2003, 05:34:28 PM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Dec 2 2003, 12:39 PM\'] Forgotten and very much forgettable. [/quote]
 I wouldn't go that far. The front round was forgettable. The Bank Card round was actually kinda cool. I was always a sucker for the Number Jumbler. :)

It just had the wrong host. Great as Gene was at Match Game, it wasn't his gig.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2003, 07:22:02 PM »
I wouldn't go that far. The front round was forgettable. The Bank Card round was actually kinda cool. I was always a sucker for the Number Jumbler. :)

Yeah, I admittedly kinda liked the Prize Vault round myself...it was certainly a helluva lot better than the "master puzzle" round used during the Farago era.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")