Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid tournament format suggestion  (Read 6381 times)

Jay Temple

Pyramid tournament format suggestion
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2003, 05:24:29 PM »
First the simple answer:  If they have ten $25K winners, I expect that they will go back to the format of their first tournament.

As for last season, they had at least a few new shows in March and April, and in May they had Soap Hunks week (four brand-new shows) and Sweethearts week (two brand-new, one or two reruns and the other one or two were shows that had sat around without airing).  They even had a few in June and one that sat around unaired until August 1.

I'm not positive, but I believe every $25,000 winner from last year was in a ToC.  This year, they had five before the first ToC, so I assume there will be another ToC with that person in it.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

PyramidStephen

Pyramid tournament format suggestion
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2003, 01:58:16 PM »
Last year every $25,000 winner was in a tournament.  The tournaments were in November and February. All the episodes with $25K winners had to air before February to make sense.
Also-original episodes were sprinkled throughout the year- generally two originals a week- less towards the end of the summer. The same will happen this year.
A tournament is scheduled for February. There might also be one in May, but it's not for certain yet.