Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let the speculation begin...  (Read 9794 times)

Jumpondees

Let the speculation begin...
« on: December 01, 2003, 06:20:59 PM »
I know a few members here have a bit of doubt when it comes to information posted over at one Mr. Beverly's website....but it seems that he's pulling the "speculationmobile" out just in time for the holidays...

Today, S.B. has a blurb at the top of his page devoted to the start of Lingo's new season tonight...At the bottom of this "article" (and I use the term "article" very liberally), comes this blurb...

"Game Show Network senior programming vice president Bob Boden said last week GSN will have "a major announcement" later this month, which will likely affect its 2004 program schedule."

So...Who here would like to fire the first shot??

I could use a good laugh today, and somehow I can always find a humorous quip or two from many of our esteemed panel.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 06:26:22 PM »
I'll bet 40 chips it's an aquisition of The Chamber, Jack. [sarcasm meter explodes]

Monarx

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 06:29:45 PM »
They're in negotiations with God to extend the day to 500 hours to accomodate everyones' dream schedules?
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?

ITSBRY

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 06:56:15 PM »
I think it's a name change, but I have suspicions that it might be more major than that.

We can all pretty much guess what the "likely affect it's 2004 program schedule" means.  They've been shifting further and further away from game shows (classics especially) this past year and I have a BAD feeling that it's about to get even worse.

Start those VCRs and get as much as you can on tape while you can...I see "GamesTV" or some crap like that in our futures.

UGH

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 07:23:29 PM »
I'm thinking reruns of "Illinois Instant Riches".......
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

whampyl03

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 07:35:07 PM »
Well, I'm going to point out the obvious and take a look at the possible possibilities...

Acquisition of the Reg Grundy Library
Acquisition of TPIR
Acquisition of somthing else (Game show related)
Second satellite feed
New original
Renewal of current original
Schedule Change
Nixing of B&W Overnight in favor of more paid programming (Or vise versa)
Acquisition of more Game Related Programming
Name Change

I'll try to be optimistic and prey that this will be a good move.  Personally, I've had enough game related programming to last a lifetime already.

inturnaround

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 07:49:21 PM »
The launch of a new diginet?
Joe Coughlin     
Human

itiparanoid13

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 08:16:48 PM »
TPiR is running high
RR deadline is up
Whammy! deadline is up

i think those 3 are gonna be addressed most likely.  im hoping RR and W! get renewed, and TPiR comes to the network.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 08:53:06 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 06:56 PM\'] I think it's a name change, but I have suspicions that it might be more major than that.

We can all pretty much guess what the "likely affect it's 2004 program schedule" means.  They've been shifting further and further away from game shows (classics especially) this past year and I have a BAD feeling that it's about to get even worse.

Start those VCRs and get as much as you can on tape while you can...I see "GamesTV" or some crap like that in our futures.

UGH

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com [/quote]
 You are so far off that's its not funny.

Look at the schedule and tell me that they are not showing more classics, as opposed to originals.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tommycharles

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2003, 09:56:53 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 06:56 PM\'] I think it's a name change, but I have suspicions that it might be more major than that.

UGH

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com [/quote]
 Could you give any evidence that there will be a name change? I have heard nothing to suggest such a thing, and the switch to more "game related" programming wouldn't require a name change. They've invested too much in PR in the past two years to change a name, I'd think.

catnap1972

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2003, 10:36:10 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 09:56 PM\'] Could you give any evidence that there will be a name change? I have heard nothing to suggest such a thing, and the switch to more "game related" programming wouldn't require a name change. They've invested too much in PR in the past two years to change a name, I'd think. [/quote]
 They already did a sort of unofficial name change (from "Game Show Network" to "GSN")...they could choose to drop the former and just go with the acronym.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2003, 10:45:41 PM »
I think it's going to most likely be either the return of "Cram" and/or some new original, including possibly the "Blackjack" one.  I wouldn't get hopes up of seeing "Scrabble," "$ale," or TPIR just yet, but don't completely oppress them; who would've thought GSN would've given us "Bullseye," even if it was only two eps., last Thursday?

I'm a little excited to see what it'll be, but I won't be surprised if my original sentence is the correct one (I can't see a name change just yet because they really haven't gotten away from the game show part of it yet; the video game block tanked, remember?).

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Casey Buck

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2003, 11:29:03 PM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 07:36 PM\'] They already did a sort of unofficial name change (from "Game Show Network" to "GSN")...they could choose to drop the former and just go with the acronym. [/quote]
 Makes sense; we've been calling it GSN since the beginning!

Clay Zambo

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2003, 11:42:20 PM »
I have this feeling that the news will have more to do with shows like "Naturally Stoned" than like "Russian Roulette."  I'd be happy to be wrong, though.
czambo@mac.com

zachhoran

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2003, 12:17:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 11:42 PM\'] I have this feeling that the news will have more to do with shows like "Naturally Stoned" than like "Russian Roulette."  I'd be happy to be wrong, though. [/quote]
 What's next: Jimmy Pardo or Graham Elwood, Naturally semi-Stoned :) Though a Trebek Naturally Stoned-like special would be a hoot. Even Todd Newton would be good, though we'd have to endure a certain professor making guest appearances :)