Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN $100K Pyramid  (Read 7581 times)

Fedya

GSN $100K Pyramid
« on: November 30, 2003, 06:18:36 PM »
Unsurprisingly, the $100K Pyramid episodes at 6PM ET, of which the final episode was aired on Saturday, return to the start of the eighth $100K Tournament (won by MG McCormack [sp?], with celebrities Shelley Smith and Barry Jenner).

Actually, this is a small surprise to me -- last May, which was the last time the final episode aired (again on a Saturday), GSN aired the Friday episode from the previous week on the Sunday (with Nipsey Russell and some woman; Nipsey does a poem on Iran-Contra) before going into the $100K Tournament on Monday.

Maybe next cycle they'll start with the Tuesday episode of the eighth $100K Tournament.  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

mctoyboy

GSN $100K Pyramid
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 07:36:12 PM »
Or maybe they'll just show the final tournament over and over =)
j

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN $100K Pyramid
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 08:44:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Nov 30 2003, 04:18 PM\'] (won by MG McCormack [sp?], with celebrities Shelley Smith and Barry Jenner).
 [/quote]
 Wow. I can't tell you how much I appreciated that. Some of us don't take scrupulously anal notes on these things, and therefore might have wanted to enjoy it for what it was with no recollection as to who won.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Fedya

GSN $100K Pyramid
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 12:06:17 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 30 2003, 08:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Nov 30 2003, 04:18 PM\'] (won by MG McCormack [sp?], with celebrities Shelley Smith and Barry Jenner).
 [/quote]
Wow. I can't tell you how much I appreciated that. Some of us don't take scrupulously anal notes on these things, and therefore might have wanted to enjoy it for what it was with no recollection as to who won. [/quote]
 I don't take notes on it -- I've seen the eps enough times to have remembered who won this particular tournament.  I guess its a sign of how often GSN have rerun these eps.

Thank you, however, for calling me anal simply for having the gall to post something you don't like seeing.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

clemon79

GSN $100K Pyramid
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 12:52:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Nov 30 2003, 10:06 PM\'] I don't take notes on it -- I've seen the eps enough times to have remembered who won this particular tournament.  I guess its a sign of how often GSN have rerun these eps.

[/quote]
 Some of us haven't, because some of us don't make an entire life out of watching GSN.
Thank you, however, for calling me anal simply for having the gall to post something you don't like seeing.
Without a spoiler, in a forum where I have every right not to expect episode information to be spoiled, repeat or otherwise.

You're right. Anal isn't the right word. I can think of some others that apply MUCH better.

mctoyboy

GSN $100K Pyramid
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 11:17:59 AM »
We do need to stay careful about spoiler info.....there are all kinds of different degrees of viewing.

Anyways....they just started the morning run at a different spot =)
j

clemon79

GSN $100K Pyramid
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 11:58:11 AM »
[quote name=\'mctoyboy\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 09:17 AM\'] We do need to stay careful about spoiler info.....there are all kinds of different degrees of viewing. [/quote]
 Thank you for your understanding.
Anyways....they just started the morning run at a different spot =)
Did they really? They were in the middle of a tournament (I won't say who's, the diehards already know) the end of last week, I'm surprised they didn't finish that first.

Pyramid80

GSN $100K Pyramid
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 12:45:23 PM »
On the GSN boards they mentioned that today's episode was a tournament episode that featured Theresa Ganzel and Howard Morton which would be from September 1986.  It is great to see some different episodes for once!

mctoyboy

GSN $100K Pyramid
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 01:11:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 11:58 AM\'] Did they really? They were in the middle of a tournament (I won't say who's, the diehards already know) the end of last week, I'm surprised they didn't finish that first. [/quote]
 They may have had a contract that started on the 1st.....i can't see any other reason why they would not start at the beginning on last nights (11/30) Pyramid, but would then start afresh cutting in the middle of a tourney during the day. We'll see what this evening brings =)
j

clemon79

GSN $100K Pyramid
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2003, 03:08:00 PM »
[quote name=\'mctoyboy\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 11:11 AM\'] They may have had a contract that started on the 1st.....i can't see any other reason why they would not start at the beginning on last nights (11/30) Pyramid, but would then start afresh cutting in the middle of a tourney during the day. We'll see what this evening brings =)
 [/quote]
 Well, what's a little interesting is that the aforementioned tournement is what was airing when I first got my Tivo and therefore started watching GSN Pyramid again regularly. So I figured this would run, I had seen the loop of shows, and I would kill the Pyramid Season Pass on the Tivo. Now I'll have to pay closer attention to see if this is a block of shows I'm familiar with or not.

zachhoran

GSN $100K Pyramid
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2003, 06:46:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Dec 1 2003, 12:45 PM\'] On the GSN boards they mentioned that today's episode was a tournament episode that featured Theresa Ganzel and Howard Morton which would be from September 1986.  It is great to see some different episodes for once! [/quote]
 The 1986-87 season of $100K hasn't been seen in more than a year, but the 1985-86 season has not been seen in over three years.