Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feast of Favorites Running Discussion  (Read 9552 times)

whampyl03

Feast of Favorites Running Discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2003, 07:10:55 PM »
Well, after seeing my first 2 episodes of Bullseye, I would have to say that I enjoyed it greatly.  I do somewhat wish that they played 2 civilian episodes, but still, I'm very happy.  It just shot up my list of favorite shows.  That, and mix in the first episode of CBS Joker, a great episode of sindie Joker, and the Larson Ep's of PYL, I can consider myself on a game show high, for the time being.  I know that I don't say the next statement much, but THANKS GSN!

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2003, 07:22:50 PM »
Despite the glaring absence of Bonus Island from the 2 eps, Bullseye is still one of my all-time favorites.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 07:23:04 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

catnap1972

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2003, 07:26:05 PM »
OK, show of hands...how many people shouted "Good god NO!" when they introduced Patrick Wayne?

Now how many did the same when he mentioned his aspirations to be a game show host?

ACK!

whampyl03

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2003, 07:29:43 PM »
OK, show of hands...how many people shouted "Good god NO!" when they introduced Patrick Wayne?

ME!

Actually, he stuck me as slightly smarter then the last time I seen him on TTD '90.  But only slightly.  Very slightly.  Extremely slightly.

BTW: Didn't Jim say somthing along the line of Pat would make a great game show host at the top of the second show?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 07:35:25 PM by whampyl03 »

zachhoran

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2003, 07:40:37 PM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Nov 27 2003, 07:29 PM\']

ME!

Actually, he stuck me as slightly smarter then the last time I seen him on TTD '90.  But only slightly.  Very slightly.  Extremely slightly.

BTW: Didn't Jim say somthing along the line of Pat would make a great game show host at the top of the second show? [/quote]
 Yeah, Jim did say that about Patrick. Enright obviously saw something in him at the time, and as we know, used him some eight or nine years later.

I also noticed that Charlie O. talked pretty darn fast in those days.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2003, 10:43:38 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 27 2003, 07:40 PM\'] I also noticed that Charlie O. talked pretty darn fast in those days. [/quote]
How much would you bet the opening, including Charlie O's lightning-fast (no pun intended) rundown of stars to come "during this and the upcoming weeks", was post-recorded?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 10:43:59 PM by GS Warehouse »

J.R.

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2003, 01:57:02 AM »
Something in my gut told me today that I should tape this years FoF and I'm sure glad I did ! I haven't watched it all yet (Just got back from Turkey with my folks), I can't say I'm disapointed.

The CBS TJW Premiere was AWESOME ! You could tell Jack Barry was happy to finally be accepted back to television and the Bonus Round... was truely a Bonus round. The TJW Tourney later was also good, if not overly maudlin.

Celeb Bullseye ? Eh, I only have two other eps of Bullseye and they're both washed out and bleary, so hearing that super-cool theme was worth it ! Yes, I got a chuckle out of seeing Mr. YOOO WINNNNNNN too.

Right now, I'm up to the 1976 Feud Premiere. Wow, Gene Wood was LOUD back then ! (The ultra-zoom-out was neet too)

So far, I give this year's marathon a A-. I'm lowering the score because the bumpers they've been using are annoying and perdictable. (Food Guy tells a corny joke/bad pun followed by describing a "disgusting" food item)

-Joe R.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 01:58:16 AM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

Ian Wallis

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2003, 08:55:53 AM »
Now how many did the same when he mentioned his aspirations to be a game show host?

Did you also catch that Patrick said something about just having done a game show pilot?  (I wonder what it was).

I guess he could have been a game show host a lot earlier than he actually was!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Clay Zambo

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2003, 10:33:17 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Nov 28 2003, 01:57 AM\'] The CBS TJW Premiere was AWESOME ! You could tell Jack Barry was happy to finally be accepted back to television and the Bonus Round... was truely a Bonus round. [/quote]
 That was the premiere?  Hm.  $50-100-150? And I don't remember that bonus round at all.  Would have sworn it was a pilot.

At any rate, I'm kicking myself; I got home a little late and had forgot to tape it.  (There didn't seem to be much else in the Feast that I was looking forward to.)  That premiere, Gambit's (should it exist) and TPiR would make a lovely recollection of that morning in '72.
czambo@mac.com

HSquares2003

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2003, 01:13:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 27 2003, 01:26 PM\'] So this press release...

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031121/laf001_1.html

...was a lie?  I guess I can see trying to throw fans off the trail, but to release an official press announcement with information you know is wrong seems a mighty peculiar thing to do.  Unless you're Enron or something. [/quote]
I figure Yahoo aka Yahell(for those of you who have had bad expierences with Yahoo like I have can relate to that term) isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer, that's why they teamed with SBC to offer DSL(let's not go there, it's an off topic discussion for another board for sure)

Anyways, Bulleseye was COOL COOL COOL! I had never seen an episode of it, just pics and maybe even a video clips somewhere on the 'net before.

Was the Joker's Wild tourney a different one? I don't recall seeing this one ever before. Nice to see the first CBS version of the show, interesting contestant podiums to say the least.

Some of the stuff like the Milton Berle LMAD, Friend of Foe(the one hour of the block I didn't waste my time watching), Lingo, and Greed were kind of a waste IMHO. But, if somebody hasn't seen those eps. before, I am glad they got what they wanted.

Anyways, can't comment on MG yet as I haven't checked my tape yet(couldn't stay awake for it because I hit a Thanksgiving sale at 6am Thursday and was knocked out asleep halfway through Lingo)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 01:19:42 PM by HSquares2003 »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2003, 03:05:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Nov 28 2003, 09:33 AM\'] That was the premiere?  Hm.  $50-100-150? And I don't remember that bonus round at all.  Would have sworn it was a pilot.
 [/quote]
 I believe it was the premiere.  I seem to recall viewing the next few weeks of TJW episodes via GSN and the format stayed pretty much the same (IIRC [and I may not, so forgive me], I think the first major modification was cutting the number of games needed to win the Joker's Jackpot from four to three, then there was the modification of the bonus round).

And while I'm on the subject, I was out of town last Thanksgiving and was unable to tape last year's FoF.  Does anyone recall what TJW episodes GSN showed (just for my own edification).

Doug -- soon to celebrate 200 posts
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

daveromanjr

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2003, 03:16:33 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Nov 28 2003, 03:05 PM\'] [quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Nov 28 2003, 09:33 AM\']
And while I'm on the subject, I was out of town last Thanksgiving and was unable to tape last year's FoF.  Does anyone recall what TJW episodes GSN showed (just for my own edification). [/quote]
 They showed the $1,000,000 Tournament (the next to last and last episodes).

Clay Zambo

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2003, 11:26:34 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Nov 28 2003, 03:05 PM\'] I think the first major modification was cutting the number of games needed to win the Joker's Jackpot from four to three, then there was the modification of the bonus round. [/quote]
 RE: the jackpot: how long did that format last?  At some point they started adding a set amount to the JJ per game until it was won, and let champions keep their $winnings even after a loss; or maybe I'm a revisionist formatter.
czambo@mac.com

zachhoran

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2003, 07:07:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Nov 29 2003, 11:26 AM\']
RE: the jackpot: how long did that format last?  At some point they started adding a set amount to the JJ per game until it was won, and let champions keep their $winnings even after a loss; or maybe I'm a revisionist formatter. [/quote]
 These rules applied to at least the first seven months of the TJW run as seen on GSN in 2000-01: Originally, it took four wins to win the Joker's Jackpot, soon that was lowered to three. The JJ increased when a player lost a game, the player's cash winnings went into the JJ, and the person who won the required number of games won its contents and retired undefeated. A few months into the run, a car was added to the Jackpot, and about six months into the run, a contestant could stay on and win more than one Joker Jackpot(until the max CBS winnings of $25K were reached).