Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Cash Cab" Spin-off Premiering Feb 14th...  (Read 1246 times)

TimK2003

"Cash Cab" Spin-off Premiering Feb 14th...
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »
Haven't seen anything on the GSF for this, but it's worth a mention:

Cash Cab: Chicago begins February 14th.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:48:11 AM »
as unsuspecting riders picked up on city streets become on-air contestants
I don't have any problem with them giving the illusion that's the case on the show.  Television is a medium of illusion, and implying something is not the same as saying something.  But to actually say it in a press release is really just lying. I wonder how many TV writers are aware they're being lied to, and how much of a problem they'd have if they knew.  For some reason, it really bugs me.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Hastin

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:03:23 AM »
But they are unsuspecting, mostly.

A friend of mine who ended being on the show in Season 2 told me that he had tried out for a quiz show posting on Craigslist. After the test, they wanted to meet him at some restaurant for dinner. What picks them up? The Cash Cab. He said that two people he was suppose to go with were NOT interesting in playing, so they left them at the curb and reshot the entry. ;)
-Hastin :)

J.R.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'256424\' date=\'Feb 5 2011, 10:03 AM\']A friend of mine who ended being on the show in Season 2 told me that he had tried out for a quiz show posting on Craigslist. After the test, they wanted to meet him at some restaurant for dinner. What picks them up? The Cash Cab. He said that two people he was suppose to go with were NOT interesting in playing, so they left them at the curb and reshot the entry. ;)[/quote]
If it's okay to ask, how did your friend do on CashCab?

/My love for this show has been rekindled thanks to the late night syndie episodes.
-Joe Raygor

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'256424\' date=\'Feb 5 2011, 11:03 AM\']A friend of mine who ended being on the show in Season 2 told me that he had tried out for a quiz show posting on Craigslist. After the test, they wanted to meet him at some restaurant for dinner. What picks them up? The Cash Cab. He said that two people he was suppose to go with were NOT interesting in playing, so they left them at the curb and reshot the entry. ;)[/quote]
Fair enough.  If that's the way they're doing them for everybody, that's close enough to "unsuspecting" to count, I guess.  From comments made by other contestants, I got the impression that they knew they were trying out for Cash Cab and had a pretty good sense of when to expect a visit from Mr. Bailey.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.