Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC Password Scenario  (Read 4551 times)

edholland83

ABC Password Scenario
« on: November 28, 2003, 04:11:09 PM »
Okay people this seems like good question, and it's in the right dicussion board:

Let's say for example, that the always-assumed lost ABC Password tapes showed up in the same way the Classic Hollywood Squares tapes showed up, if you were the head of GSN, and they are also included in the G-T Library, (Unlike TPIR & FF '94) Would you air the show regularly on the network, leave them in the vault, or put a group of 10-16 shows together and do a marathon?

My response:

Noticing that none of the other versions of the show (P+, SP and CBS PW)
are on the air, it would be a hard decision to air it regularly, unless there's a way that it would draw big ratings. So I'd run a marathon and base the decision on the ratings (this is also considering that all shows are converted and airable)
and then put it on the schedule. if it was a failure, then at least everyone got a chance to see the show and put it in the vault.

Man, that seemed hard to do, anyway feel free to add you input in on it.

HSquares2003

ABC Password Scenario
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 04:16:21 PM »
You forgot one important thing, how much did they pay for the tapes to magically show up at the GSN Studios? In short, they aren't gonna pay money for anything else! GSN is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
ABC Password Scenario
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 04:35:29 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 28 2003, 02:16 PM\'] You forgot one important thing, how much did they pay for the tapes to magically show up at the GSN Studios? In short, they aren't gonna pay money for anything else! GSN is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! [/quote]
 Change the channel if you don't like it, but quit whining about it. It's getting uld uld uld.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

ABC Password Scenario
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 05:48:19 PM »
In general, GSN is not in the business of being an archival service, and since from all appearances their package of classic Squares was not particularly successful, I can't imagine that they would have much interest in airing episodes of the ABC Passwords.  There are *individuals* at GSN who'd love to get their hands on those shows, of course, but I don't see them being a big deal for the network itself.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

ABC Password Scenario
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 10:04:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 28 2003, 05:48 PM\']In general, GSN is not in the business of being an archival service, and since from all appearances their package of classic Squares was not particularly successful, I can't imagine that they would have much interest in airing episodes of the ABC Passwords.  There are *individuals* at GSN who'd love to get their hands on those shows, of course, but I don't see them being a big deal for the network itself.[/quote]
And wouldn't they be considered just a part of the G-T library that just got discovered after everything else?  If the original contract called for all extant G-T library product from the beginning to June 1994 excepting "TPIR," wouldn't 70s "Password" just be considered part of that?--unless the contract had a list of the library, which is entirely possible.