Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If you're taping the FoF.......  (Read 7506 times)

aaron sica

If you're taping the FoF.......
« on: November 27, 2003, 04:04:03 PM »
..PYL is airing right now, and there's 110,237 good reasons they're showing these episodes..;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 04:04:36 PM by aaron sica »

snowpeck

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 05:02:43 PM »
And now the premiere episode of The Joker's Wild is airing!

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

ChuckNet

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 05:35:49 PM »

And right now, they're just starting the finals of TJW's $100K ToC from 1978...pity I didn't about it sooner, else I wouldn't have missed the intro when it started and caught me by surprise. :-(

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 06:43:13 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Nov 27 2003, 05:35 PM\']

And right now, they're just starting the finals of TJW's $100K ToC from 1978...pity I didn't about it sooner, else I wouldn't have missed the intro when it started and caught me by surprise. :-(

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 That 1978 TofC TJW episode was the finale of the tournament they were in the process of showing on the Sunday Night TJW time slot in 2000-2001, before they shifted over to 1973 CBS episodes. That episode and the duo of Celeb Bullseye episodes were yet to be seen before now.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 08:15:34 PM »
Also, the first of the 2 Celeb Bullseyes was the first show under the Celebrity Bullseye format. Up until then, it had been civilian shows, with celeb shows limited to stunt weeks only.  

And, the 2nd ep features the biggest "If only he knew what was to come" statement ever, by one Jim Lange.    When Patrick Wayne mentioned about possibly becoming a Game Show host, after a little bit of other dialogue, Mr. Lange said that Patrick "would be a good game show host.   If only Jim had known what was to come (TTD '90)

I do believe, now, that it can be said that Celebrity Bullseye spawned Tic Tac Dough '90.   Yet another argument as to why Celebrity Bullseye was one of the biggest mistakes B&E ever made (though certainly, CERTAINLY, not the biggest)

Fedya

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 08:38:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Nov 27 2003, 08:15 PM\'] And, the 2nd ep features the biggest "If only he knew what was to come" statement ever, by one Jim Lange.    When Patrick Wayne mentioned about possibly becoming a Game Show host, after a little bit of other dialogue, Mr. Lange said that Patrick "would be a good game show host.   If only Jim had known what was to come (TTD '90) [/quote]
 I thought Patrick said he had done a GS pilot.  What would that have been?

Also, the first of the TWJ episodes was only a "Jack Barry Production", (at least on screen), not a B&E production.  When did it officially become a B&E Production?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

rugrats1

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 08:50:04 PM »
the first of the TWJ episodes was only a "Jack Barry Production", (at least on screen), not a B&E production. When did it officially become a B&E Production?

When the show entered first-run syndication in 1977 -- Dan Enright did not return as Jack's partner until after Joker's CBS run ended in 1975.

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 10:20:13 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Nov 27 2003, 08:50 PM\']
the first of the TWJ episodes was only a "Jack Barry Production", (at least on screen), not a B&E production. When did it officially become a B&E Production?

When the show entered first-run syndication in 1977 -- Dan Enright did not return as Jack's partner until after Joker's CBS run ended in 1975.[/quote]
Enright was involved in the last part of the CBS run, in that he replaced John Tobyansen as EP (I believe Justin Edgerton was line producer all throughout the CBS run).  Technically, "Break the Bank" was the first show of their reunited partnership.