Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yet still even another new show idea?  (Read 1401 times)

That Don Guy

Yet still even another new show idea?
« on: January 20, 2011, 08:55:52 PM »
Here's an idea (I think it could be a fit on GSN): remake Spin-Off, but the way I think it should have been done the first time - Gambit/High Rollers style.

That is, something like this:
Two couples (or just two contestants, if you prefer)
Host asks a question; whoever gets it right gets to roll the dice - there are five dice of different colors (either "electronic" dice, which don't have a habit of ending up leaning on each other and requiring re-rolls, or actual dice, with a "Let 'Em Roll"-style ramp between the contestants).
The first time per game, they roll all five dice; after that, they can choose which dice to keep and which to roll (yes, like Yahtzee - and no, I never saw that game show).
After a roll, if the couple is ahead, they can freeze; the other couple needs to answer questions to get to continue to roll, until either (a) they miss a question and lose the game, or (b) they get a better "hand" than the opponents and win.
In order to fit it into a half-hour, it would be an "as many games as we can play before time runs out" format (similar to pretty much every syndicated version of Hollywood Squares), followed by some end game.

-- Don

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Yet still even another new show idea?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 12:54:29 AM »
I listened to Spin-off, and didn't hear anything that stirred within me that "wow, this should be back on the air, post haste!" feeling. You have two couples answering Wild Gunman questions that seem to test merely reflexes, and Yahtzee but with buttons.

It makes sense as a game, and it seems to be a logical way that you would do Yahtzee if you weren't keen on paying the rights-holder for the name Yahtzee, but I can see why this was not picked up. I like what Family Game Night did with it, making the game into a one-on-one showdown, with a best of three frame contest determining the winner, instead of just barnstorming through games.
Travis L. Eberle