Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Body Language" Announcer  (Read 5609 times)

Jimmy Owen

"Body Language" Announcer
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2003, 01:12:54 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 12:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 10:00 AM\'] Unless, as mentioned above, you could Body Language as a remake of Showoffs. [/quote]
Which I don't think is a really fair comparison, since the lone parallel between the two is that they are BOTH based on the parlor game of Charades. So is "Showoffs" a remake of "Pantomime Quiz"? I don't really so. I consider the two wholly seperate programs. [/quote]
The bonus games were pretty much the same, but BL had the puzzles where Showoffs did not.  BL could have been thought of as "Showoffs Plus"  Since nobody remembers "Showoffs," BL might possibly called a new show concept; If you think "Double Talk" is a different concept than "Shoot For the Stars" or "Press Your Luck" is not a remake of "Second Chance," then BL is different than "Showoffs."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 01:22:34 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 03:22:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 11:12 AM\'] If you think "Double Talk" is a different concept than "Shoot For the Stars" or "Press Your Luck" is not a remake of "Second Chance," then BL is different than "Showoffs." [/quote]
 I think you're talking apples and oranges. Of COURSE PYL is a remake of Second Chance, but aside from the concept of the puzzles used on both shows, "Stars" and Double Talk were two very different games. That's what I'm talking about...the sharing of a single concept as opposed to a whole format, especially in those cases when the concept was established before BOTH shows existed, as it did with Showoffs/BL.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2003, 03:46:08 PM »
Since we're on the subject of remakes, isn't  "Tattletales" a remake of "He Said, She Said" ????
--Matt

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2003, 04:15:10 PM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Nov 26 2003, 01:46 PM\'] Since we're on the subject of remakes, isn't  "Tattletales" a remake of "He Said, She Said" ???? [/quote]
Yes. Or at least, it was under TT's original format.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 04:15:32 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe