Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Carey Improv on GSN  (Read 12586 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 03:55:12 AM »
Remember to set your DVRs - it's gonna be a riot.

I would be more likely to set my DVR if you provided accurate, complete listings information to Tribune Media Services, so that my DVR wouldn't try to record multiple showings of the same episode.

And sending them to the two competitors of Tribune would be nice as well.
I'm bemused that the "GSN" rep. posting here completely ignored this point.

One of my roommates started to DVR this on a regular basis on "series" mode.  Its slightly annoying to have to remove the "repeat" episodes the DVR thinks is new.

/Flap *my* jack, Trebek.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 12:05:25 PM »
It's probably not his or her job. When I was handling the Games for Windows LIVE Facebook presence, it wasn't my job to engage the people posting nasty loaded comments, either. In fact, often, engaging the customer out of turn like that is a good way to get fired.

So, erm, don't hate the player.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:06:05 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GSN

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »
It's probably not his or her job. When I was handling the Games for Windows LIVE Facebook presence, it wasn't my job to engage the people posting nasty loaded comments, either. In fact, often, engaging the customer out of turn like that is a good way to get fired.

So, erm, don't hate the player.

@Modor - Apologies for not responding directly to that. I definitely did not ignore the comment as your concern has been passed along to my higher-ups. I've got to say - it's not something I can directly effect, but I have made my managers aware of the issue.

That being said - if you feel you can't stand DVRing all the episodes at this point, I'd suggest hitting up http://tv.gsn.com/shows/improv/video like I said before. All the episodes are up online and the official Facebook page does a fantastic job of posting new episodes and clips daily too so check it out.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 02:06:35 AM »
@Modor - Apologies for not responding directly to that. I definitely did not ignore the comment as your concern has been passed along to my higher-ups. I've got to say - it's not something I can directly effect, but I have made my managers aware of the issue.
Thanks for the response and my apologies if I came across a little aggressively.  It's not a big deal, and there is no spilled milk in my kitchen.  It is slightly annoying as all.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

DrBear

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2011, 01:17:07 PM »
According to Improv-A-Ganza's Twitter page, they'll be doing some more shows June 23-25. Tickets are $89. Notably, the evening's going to start with Drew doing standup, then bring on the improv players. The facebook item notes that "Audience members may appear in an original, primetime GSN (Game Show Network) television series being shot during these special live performances!" so I guess they're doing some more taping.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

clemon79

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2011, 01:57:58 PM »
According to Improv-A-Ganza's Twitter page, they'll be doing some more shows June 23-25. Tickets are $89. Notably, the evening's going to start with Drew doing standup, then bring on the improv players. The facebook item notes that "Audience members may appear in an original, primetime GSN (Game Show Network) television series being shot during these special live performances!" so I guess they're doing some more taping.
Wow, I get to pay to provide content to their TV show? I'll take six tickets!

toddyo

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2011, 02:21:12 PM »
Charging people admittance for a television program taping???

clemon79

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2011, 02:31:12 PM »
Charging people admittance for a television program taping???
Well, it sounds like what they're claiming is that they are charging admittance to a Las Vegas stage show where Drew Carey is doing his act, and they just happen to be recording some of it for their little TV show.

And there's an argument for this: do you think the people who happened to be at whatever show George Carlin was taping an HBO special at got in for free? Hells no they did not.

Just so happens here that the audience is a little more integral to the success of the taping than just sitting there and guffawing.

I suppose I see their point, and ultimately the market will bear this out. If people think this is worth $89 a head to them, they'll pay it. If not, they won't.